Apps for smart trainer

They did get back to me on 31st of August:

We currently support several 3rd party API’s and will be adding support to some others soon. Let me have a look at your product and I can come back to you with any questions.

Haven’t heard anything yet.

1 Like

I’ve sent them these questions on July 23:

I’m exploring the myWhoosh app and would like to know if some sort of integration with intervals.icu is planned (automatic or dropbox?)

Other nice to have:

ANT+ support
Powermatch to match trainer power with power meter

And they got back with a standard answer:

Thank you for your feedback and continued participation in MyWhoosh.

We always value feedback directly from the community and will be sure to share this idea with the appropriate internal team members.

1 Like

Thanks for the mention @MedTechCD and @Lukasz_Pludowski
I’m happy to say that BreakAway (BreakAway: Indoor Training App Now with Intervals.icu Calendar integration (Workout Of The Day)) is getting heavier integration with intervals.icu in the near future.

Have been working on this for some time and ironing out the UI and Data. (Thanks to @Gerald’s input on another thread that set me back some weeks to add a bit more data inside)

I have to iterate that my goal is not to replace intervals.icu, but complement it further in addition to the app being able to control the trainer (while supporting PowerMatch / Slope Mode / FIT/GPX/TCX/MRC/ERG/JSON workouts / HR Target workouts / Ascenders Detection (something like Garmin’s ClimbPro or Karoo’s Climber) Dropbox / Strava / direct upload to intervals among others). Having said that, my main goal is to replace TrainingPeaks mobile app for tracking weekly fitness/workouts. Since I do not have TP Premium, i don’t know what other charts are available

I’ll share some screenshots of what it is. If you have connected the App to Intervals.icu, you would see intervals.icu as a small draggable icon (which would disappear as soon as you start a new workout)

Some of the UI is pretty self explanatory and there’s virtually no user-configurations needed. (I pull most preferences directly from intervals.icu - big caveat - intervals.icu has 3 configs (mobile / tablet / desktop) and I struggle on which one to use, I ended up with using the Mobile config)

Right now, the VO2Max / TTE etc are only pulling RIDE matrix given that my app is mostly cycling focused. (I dont have a FTMS capable treadmill or even a Water Rower or an SwimErg device). These stats are pulled based on user preference (mobile config) so the below settings are what it’s gonna use to pull that data.
App-Power

The Calendar section supports all workouts and if there’s a workout graphic, it will also show that. (Same like intervals, it does not support displaying of completed workout Graphics)

You can see that the UI is more or less consistent w/ intervals.icu

Planned workouts and completed workouts are also paired, same as intervals and will have a small Intervals.icu logo, along with some summary metrics once completed. I’ve taken care that the values are consistent to what you see on intervals.icu. Workouts w/ the intervals.icu logo will also be tappable and once tapped, it will open the intervals.icu website and load up that tapped workout. (Then you can edit directly any RPE / Feel etc)

Note: the small little calendar icon will be RED for today’s date and for the most part, will auto scroll to the current date (although the entire week’s workout will be shown)

Note2: Currently you can’t tap on a planned workout and have it opened directly to be executed on the trainer, you will still need to go to the LIBRARY tab to do that since the calendar supports all workouts.

Weekly Target is also supported & will auto load if exists.
weekTarget

Can also separate the charts into different sports and it’ll show the combined load etc for that day and the % compliance to the planned Load / Time (which is shown on the chart as the background overlay) - eg: Wed, completed load = 30, which is 85% of the planned load = 35)
charts

There are 2 versions of Time in HR Zones, the 3 Zones and the normal 5++ zones. Again, these are either combined of all sports or individual sports based on user selection. (I’m contemplating if there’s a need to have 3 Zones for Power like there is for HR using Seiler’s zones)

Pie chart to show your completed activities distribution.

available charts:

I know some are asking for weekly elevation target, when intervals.icu adds it, will update the UI to include.

constructive feedback welcomed…

I do plan on working on a widget sometime in the future…

PS: All this is only supported on iOS 14+++, so even my own iPad Mini 2 (circa 2013) which I’m using for this app isn’t even supported. :frowning:

5 Likes

Wow this is fabulous! Any chance you are working on an android app?

This is very cool! Tx.

1 Like

This is looking nice, makes me feel to drop the development of the current app I’m working at for intervals :sweat_smile:
Progressive Web App (Android/iOS) for Intervals.icu Data

1 Like

Tx for your feedback. Unfortunately, i don’t have any experience in android development.

Design is not my forte… so this coming from potential users is :pray:

Beta w/ connection to intervals.icu is now available…
Would be great if there are willing testers to determine if there are any feedback and what not before pushing it to be released.

TX

I can test for you… it’s a recovery week for me.
I just need to update the two Recovery rides to show as a workout, rather than just duration and load.

Anything specific you’re hoping to have tested?
I don’t usually ride in ERG mode, so let me know if you need that tested (Kickr Core).

Nothing specific per se…
Just determine if the Form/Fit/Fatigue/eFTP and the like are all correct
The calendar (& data) reflects what you are supposed to see on the intervals.icu itself and all the charts etc works.

My main concern basically comes down to the diff calendar types/events etc that diff users may have and my code doesn’t cater for all the possibilities.

App supports ERG / Simulation(Slope Mode) / HR Target Mode, hence you can choose whatever mode you’re used to.

There is one request tho, If your Kickr Core is broadcasting NOT as FTMS, (but as FECw) and you have a power Meter Pedal/crank combo then yeah… I need this tested. The person who reported this issue (in the forums) has yet to given me feedback if my fix has fix his issue.

Basically, older Wahoo Trainers broadcast using it’s own version of bluetooth (and not FTMS) and documentation on this is sparse, so it’s interfering w/ power data when users have BOTH a trainer + power meter pedals/crank etc

TX

Hmm… @Gerald this doesn’t look like what It’s supposed to look like
Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 6.45.49 PM

This is how mine looks like.

wonder what’s up…

I have a 4iiii left-side crank, so will do one workout using that, and the other workout using the Core as the PM.

How long do you need testing done for?
I can squeeze in one recovery ride per week, after this week, if that helps.

@Gerald if your Kickr is showing up as FTMS Trainer (in the Settings tab) then there isn’t a need to test. That connection works well.

If it’s coming out as a FECw Trainer, then a short 30s-1m test to collect data is all that’s needed. (Just need to put in the word “loglevel10” in the Settings tab, marked as Developer to collect data.)

TX.

It shows FTMS Smart Trainer

Thanks… then all is :+1:

New Beta Version Uploaded that fixes a crash I found. Tx also to testers that is sending back reports.

Getting closer to an official release.

Any feedback welcomed…

Beta LInk in this post:

I use your app most of the time and I’m satisfied. The only issue I have is about medals. When I try to get medals I ALWAYS get the message they are not available. Some month ago the message was more or less 50% of the time. Now is 100%. I cannot get medals viewing ads. I have to buy 1000 medals and pay (which is acceptable, but since ads are an option I would like to have the possibility).
FYI I use an IPad (quite old) and I’m in Italy
Thanks

w/ regards to the medals, the ads are coming from Google and tbh, I’m seeing a lot of “No Ads to serve” from them in their logs. There isn’t much I can do about it, I did try to look for an alternative ad platform and it was even worst.

I’m using it on an iPad Mini 2 (2013), the new feature is only available on iOS14 tho.

TX again for using the app.

icTrainer.com is working with Android, iOS,… and Windows, Mac, Fire, etc.

• Structured training with workouts, real routes or create own workouts
  • All workouts are of course snychonized with intervals.icu
  • Stream music to go with your workout
  • can also be used offline - alone or with another partner
  • supports group training
  • climate neutral operation from Germany
  • The discounter among indoor training apps (only 1,96 USD per month) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
1 Like

I try to open this link with Opera and Edge browser but without success

i have no problem with Edge, Firefox, Crome :man_shrugging: