Indoor training app summary

It would be useful to create one topic listing how popular training apps send and receive data. If you use some service daily please correct me if necessary and I will update this post.

1. Garmin Device. Connect Garmin in Settings, automatic download of completed exercises and upload of planned workouts. If you want to use your Garmin as smart trainer controller pair your device with trainer as FE-C trainer, then use workouts same was as outdoors. If you have separate indoor and outdoor FTP values you can mark your workout as “indoor” and Intervals will use your indoor FTP.

2. Wahoo device. I do not have one. Download now is direct connection in Settings. What is shortest and easiest method to upload workouts? Do you still have to use Trainerday?

3. Zwift. Import rides from Strava. How to upload planned workout?

4. Wahoo X (Wahoo SYSTM, former Sufferfest plus Wahoo RGT (Road Grand Tours)). Import rides from Strava. If you have custom training plan built from Sufferfest workout library you have to manually search their library by workout name. Or you can manually add workouts to SYSTM calendar.
    You can do workout in Road Grand Tours as well. Email your workout file to [workouts@rgtcycling.com] from the email the address registered on your RGT Cycling account. See full article https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/4855679964690-Workouts
    How long does it takes between email and ride start?

5. Other platforms?

Breakaway and Trainerday are the first ones that come to mind with integration.
And Flux over dropbox.
You will find info here on the forum.

1 Like

Wahoo
Transfer of completed activities from Wahoo to this site is now automatic. Option available in settings.
Transfer of planned workouts from here to the Wahoo can be done by downloading the workout to PC and transfer files to the ‘Plans’ folder in Wahoo and then ‘Sync’ planned workouts on the head unit itself.
This transfer is also easily done with smart phone via OTG cable.
Facility now in place to download all planned workouts for a given week in one zip file.

Does the Trainerday intergration require Trainerday Premium subscription? Can I sync planned workouts from here to Trainerday and from there to Wahoo on free Trainerday plan?

1 Like

For wahoo I implore all users to raise a ticket or email Wahoo in order to upload structured planned workouts.

See this chain - Push workout to Wahoo - #62 by Ben

Email - WahooAPI@wahoofitness.com.
Request Ticket - https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Only takes a minute and I did get a response from them so does look like they are considering requests.

1 Like

BreakAway: Indoor Training (iOS - Free / Ad Supported) BreakAway: Indoor Training App Now with Intervals.icu Calendar integration (Workout Of The Day)

Apple App Store Link: http://apps.apple.com/us/app/breakaway-indoor-training/id1541280053

Features:

• Direct Integration w/ intervals.icu / Strava / Dropbox. Just Sync and Go.
  • Dropbox Integration
  • Workouts synced from intervals.icu (WOD - workout of the day) directly pulled from with relevant Settings (FTP/HR Targets)
  • Supports all popular workout formats (FIT/TCX/GPX/MRC/ERG - except ZWO) and synced to the app via Dropbox
  • Supports PowerMatch (Manual / Adaptive)
  • Supports (compensating for) adjusting Trainer Lag
  • Supports converting Outdoor rides (FIT/TCX/GPX) into indoor rides either as Slope Simulation Mode or ERG (power based workouts) via dropbox sync
  • Supports HR Target Workout Mode which will control ERG Power sent to trainer using HR so you can account for Cardiac Drift / Zone Training
  • Features “Ascender” (similar to Karoo’s Climber / Garmin’s ClimbPro) for outdoor Slope Based workouts to show you climb details
  • Supports 3 Data Pages (up to 10 Data Fields per page)
  • Supports Audio Cues (for announcing next interval details)
  • Supports Split Screen on iPad devices that supports this feature
  • Supports Combined ERG & Slope Based structured workouts
  • Supports STRYD sensor for treadmill (admittedly this feature is WIP mainly due to lack of testers as I do not own a treadmill)
  • Supports W’Balance (either as a Data Field) or can also be plotted on the screen
  • Supports workout cues (taken from MRC/ERG files or synced from Intervals.icu)
  • Supports “Week in Review” (Currently in BETA but release soon) that will pull summary metrics & Load/Time/Distance etc Per Day for the entire week.

There is NO direct integration w/ TrainerDay but w/ a free TD account, AFAIK, you can download workouts (MRC/ERG formats) or a complete workout Plans (Save to Dropbox and sync to the app) or even send TD workouts directly to Intervals.icu calendar and it will sync to the app.

TQ for considering testing the app.

2 Likes

@app4g Any plans for an Android version?

That might take me 1+ years to get up to speed on android. (and I don’t own an android device)… but yes… am thinking about it…

4 Likes

If I have Zwift on PC I could export zwo file and put it in My documents/Zwift/Workouts folder. Is there any way to upload workout to iPad, iPhone or Apple TV?

It should automatically sync across devices…give it a test

@Eduards_Rens icTrainer: Automatic import of workouts planned at intervals.icu (as well as manuel import via .zwo., .erg, .mrc, and .gpx file) and export of training results back to intervals.icu (or export to other platforms, or manuel via .tcx).

If you like high video quality scenery, check out

7€ /month or 48€/yr

If you only want the video without trainer control, all video’s are free to view on their Youtube channel (up to 4k resolution)
https://www.youtube.com/@BiketheWorld

1 Like

Nice.

But, needs Login. Needs CreditCard.
Just to try For Free.

:no_good_man:

Only login, no credit card normally

Is the 14-day trial risk-free? Yes, there is no catch. You ride for free, and you do not need to enter any payment method before you decide to activate your membership.

Video only, free on YT

1 Like

I read thru the pricing and was scanning for what’s needed to try.

The first obstacle I saw was the signup button. I guess I didn’t read as detailed as I should regarding needing credit card when I saw that. (I did see easy cancel)

Great YouTube videos tho. Thanks!

Note: I did create some “throwaway” email added maybe will use that.

1 Like