Apps for smart trainer

Tx for your feedback. Unfortunately, i don’t have any experience in android development.

Design is not my forte… so this coming from potential users is :pray:

Beta w/ connection to intervals.icu is now available…
Would be great if there are willing testers to determine if there are any feedback and what not before pushing it to be released.

TX

I can test for you… it’s a recovery week for me.
I just need to update the two Recovery rides to show as a workout, rather than just duration and load.

Anything specific you’re hoping to have tested?
I don’t usually ride in ERG mode, so let me know if you need that tested (Kickr Core).

Nothing specific per se…
Just determine if the Form/Fit/Fatigue/eFTP and the like are all correct
The calendar (& data) reflects what you are supposed to see on the intervals.icu itself and all the charts etc works.

My main concern basically comes down to the diff calendar types/events etc that diff users may have and my code doesn’t cater for all the possibilities.

App supports ERG / Simulation(Slope Mode) / HR Target Mode, hence you can choose whatever mode you’re used to.

There is one request tho, If your Kickr Core is broadcasting NOT as FTMS, (but as FECw) and you have a power Meter Pedal/crank combo then yeah… I need this tested. The person who reported this issue (in the forums) has yet to given me feedback if my fix has fix his issue.

Basically, older Wahoo Trainers broadcast using it’s own version of bluetooth (and not FTMS) and documentation on this is sparse, so it’s interfering w/ power data when users have BOTH a trainer + power meter pedals/crank etc

TX

Hmm… @Gerald this doesn’t look like what It’s supposed to look like
Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 6.45.49 PM

This is how mine looks like.

wonder what’s up…

I have a 4iiii left-side crank, so will do one workout using that, and the other workout using the Core as the PM.

How long do you need testing done for?
I can squeeze in one recovery ride per week, after this week, if that helps.

@Gerald if your Kickr is showing up as FTMS Trainer (in the Settings tab) then there isn’t a need to test. That connection works well.

If it’s coming out as a FECw Trainer, then a short 30s-1m test to collect data is all that’s needed. (Just need to put in the word “loglevel10” in the Settings tab, marked as Developer to collect data.)

TX.

It shows FTMS Smart Trainer

Thanks… then all is :+1:

New Beta Version Uploaded that fixes a crash I found. Tx also to testers that is sending back reports.

Getting closer to an official release.

Any feedback welcomed…

Beta LInk in this post:

I use your app most of the time and I’m satisfied. The only issue I have is about medals. When I try to get medals I ALWAYS get the message they are not available. Some month ago the message was more or less 50% of the time. Now is 100%. I cannot get medals viewing ads. I have to buy 1000 medals and pay (which is acceptable, but since ads are an option I would like to have the possibility).
FYI I use an IPad (quite old) and I’m in Italy
Thanks

w/ regards to the medals, the ads are coming from Google and tbh, I’m seeing a lot of “No Ads to serve” from them in their logs. There isn’t much I can do about it, I did try to look for an alternative ad platform and it was even worst.

I’m using it on an iPad Mini 2 (2013), the new feature is only available on iOS14 tho.

TX again for using the app.

icTrainer.com is working with Android, iOS,… and Windows, Mac, Fire, etc.

• Structured training with workouts, real routes or create own workouts
  • All workouts are of course snychonized with intervals.icu
  • Stream music to go with your workout
  • can also be used offline - alone or with another partner
  • supports group training
  • climate neutral operation from Germany
  • The discounter among indoor training apps (only 1,96 USD per month) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
1 Like

I try to open this link with Opera and Edge browser but without success

i have no problem with Edge, Firefox, Crome :man_shrugging:

I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

@app4g , the app looks good and I plan to start testing today.

I noticed even after I set the connection to intervals I still had to manually set the ftp. Does/will this auto sync in the future?

I love the connection to icu, and the library looks great and easy. If the ftp can be updated by the intervals eftp it would be a good replacement for Xert for me!

Is there a way to donate?

TQ for considering the app. let me know if there are bugs or features you would like and we’ll see what can be done. Newest BETA also has these new stuffs

1. VoiceOver support added (added based on request from visually challenged user)
  2. Ability to blacklist connected sensors
  3. Other existing features Indoor training app summary - #6 by app4g

(I’m currently just playing around w/ using an Apple Watch as replacement for a Chest Strap - Apple Watch app request - #29 by app4g - Feature Requests - TrainerDay Forums)

Workouts pulled / synced directly from intervals will pull the corresponding FTP directly from intervals as well. App will honor that FTP. (This does not apply to bundled workouts tho)

The App is using FTP and not eFTP from (workouts pulled/synced from) intervals. I’m not sure I want to change it to pull from eFTP tho. As I understand it, eFTP depends on the PDC curve and if the user has adequate efforts at the various time intervals, otherwise the eFTP may not be entirely accurate. (Then again, FTP, if you do not test, (like me) then will also be wrong.)

I do not have anything like that setup honestly. You could just do the in-app-purchase for medals (in lieu of watching ads if you wish even if you do not need the medals)

Thanks for responding! @app4g
One thing I’d like to see is a numerical preview of the workouts along with graph. Ie each step would tell you time/wattage.

Good to know about ftp from intervals. I guess I need to learn how to push workouts from there.

Do you know if there’s the ability to set eftp as your actual ftp in intervals so that it updates automatically there?

That’s quite a lot of Text especially for interesting types of workouts.

It’s a requested feature.

It’s the simplest thing once you have your intervals.icu calendar set up.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fXuaCjb4DWo

1 Like

Is there any free android app that will show how much power I should get at a given moment? I have a stationary bike that shows power but has no ant+ connection, etc.