Custom activity fields

Intervals.icu now supports custom fields on activities. They are displayed with the activity summary, are available as columns on the activity list view and via the API (read and update).

Click “Custom” under the activity timeline chart:

The activity fields are per athlete. If you are coaching someone you can easily add your own to their list. Just click the search button. Your fields will show up first. The fields that are selected for display are depend on the sport.

Click the cell in the activity list view to edit.

If you create an interesting field please share it with everyone (change visibility to public).

I still need to add support for plotting these on the fitness and compare pages.

I am also going to be adding support for computing these fields from the values of others, power traces and so on using JavaScript code fragments.

9 Likes

Would this be somewhere that we could re-implement the previous version of work>FTP?

David already created that one. Activity page, Custom, look for shared fields

1 Like

Awesome, thank you guys!

I have added EPOC, the training load measurement for all us Garmin-users.

I added this field as “Training load”:

1 Like

Hi I would love to calculate hiking power but unsure how to actually write the script same goes with running effectiveness

Hi, I don’t currently see (via API) my custom “Tags” field that I added to activities. It shows up on the website and I can add “tags”, but neither tags nor Tags is a valid field in the JSON that I get via the API (even on activities, that do have the field set to something other than an empty string)

has there been any changes? or am I just doing something wrong?

What call are you using to get the activity? I just added a tag to one of yours and did:

GET https://intervals.icu/api/v1/activity/i18327242

"session_rpe": null,
    "Tags": "Testing123",
    "SWOLF": 9.790678998087978
}```

I was using the activities endpoint that gives a list, but on playing around a bit more I figured out that I missed the nullable aspect of the field, so when there are no tags defined, the field does not exist and so my json parser in rust crashed :wink:

All works as planned as long as I declare the String as nullable.

1 Like

Hi,

Is there a reason that:
activity.icu_rolling_ftp

isn’t populated on the initial activity custom fields calculation? If I select Action → Reprocess File, this field is blank, but afterward Action → Analyse, will populate this field.

Is:
wellness.sportInfo[0].eftp

basically the same thing the the correct way to access this information?
Thanks, Andre

That field is calculated asynchronously after the activity has been analysed. A lot of rows need to be updated so it is done separately. The wellness.sportInfo[0].eftp field will contain old data when a new activity is analysed and is updated as part of the activity.icu_rolling_ftp calculation.

Thanks David, I’ll just use the wellness field for my calculation, it doesn’t change that quickly, so a one workout old version is fine.

Cheers,

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the great work!

I have added some MTB stuff from Garmin FIT:

• jumps
  • flow
  • grit

with the corresponding fitness charts.

If you have any ideas or comments, please share.

1 Like

Hi, I am struggling with time units in my custom field. I would like to have a field with time in mm:ss.1 (like 02:11.3) manually entered. All I could get to is entering it in seconds and using the conversion, but that means I have to first convert my time to seconds (which is kind of annoying) and enter it in seconds - to see it converted in the end.
I couldn’t find any other way to work it around.
Any ideas?
Thank you very much! This custom fields idea are really great!

What if you set the complete ‘time’ format as in entering 00:02:11.3?
Does that work?
I think it now takes the 02 as hours and 11 as minutes.

What settings for that would you recommend?
I even tried entering the value in the hh:mm:ss format (as set in the conversion) but that didn’t work (but I did expect that it wouldn’t)

I see what you want to do now. You want to enter the custom field as a Time format and display it in the same way.
Not sure how to do that. But if you enter the time in secs, the field does display that value in the correct Time format.

Settings used in the above case:

It should be possible to do what you want if a script can be run on the manually entered value. Parsing the values for hours, minutes, seconds.

Edit: It should equally be possible if it were possible to define the input type as a time format but at this moment only Numeric, Text or Select are available as input formats.

At the moment you have to enter the time in seconds. Yet another thing for the todo list :slight_smile:

1 Like