Exporting Training Peaks 70.3 training plan into Intervals.icu

Hi,
I use Training Peaks as well as Intervals and have my current 80/20 Olympic distance and 70.3 triathlon plans loaded in there. I purchased them through TP and all the structured workouts are there. However, I am reading that potentially I could load these structured plans and all the workouts in to Intervals.icu. Can the entire plan (3 months worth of workouts) be uploaded into Intervals en masse or do I have to upload each workout individually? Also, I assume that I have to continue using TP to allow Garmin to pull the workouts across so then I can swim, bike and run using Garmin as my primary training tool (ie Epix G2 watch) as I assume (perhaps mistakenly) that Garmin can’t pull the structured workouts from Intervals.icu. Is that right?

Intervals can push workouts to Garmin.

1 Like

Ok thanks. Looks like I still need to use a combination of Training Peaks, Intervals.icu & Garmin to manage my Triathlon training.

…is there anyway the structured workouts in TP can be loaded in to Intervals? As per my original post, can the purchased 70.3 80/20 plan (bought through TP) be loaded in to Intervals as a total plan or does each workout have to be loaded in to Intervals individually?

1 Like

…so if Intervals can push workouts to Garmin then ideally if I can get all my workouts from TP in to Intervals then why would I need TP. As long as all the future workouts in my 70.3 plan (3 months worth) can be uploaded into Intervals, and they push to Garmin to allow workouts to happen like they do in TP, then I could move forward only using Intervals & Garmin. Is all of that doable?

I dont have TP and based on what I remember from what I read either here or TrainerDay’s Website, I’m gonna say that you have to import them manually.

From TP’s perspective, they are not going to be too flexible in allowing these sort of transfers. Even TD has a relationship w/ them but is careful in how they approach all these syncs. (I’ve requested for TP API access, but was denied “politely”)

The best is if you can get those workouts as a downloaded ERG/MRC or whatever other form.

Others w/ TP accounts/subs can chime in and provide greater clarity

This is what TP is going to try to prevent.

I’m sure you know about this. Again, not in their best interest to allow bulk downloads.

looks like there is an export all option… but in CSV… not sure how that would fit into Intervals.icu tho…

3 Likes

Thanks so much for your comprehensive reply. I’m happy to use both as it works well however I’m sure the day is not too far away when Intervals becomes the superior training platform that is all signing and all dancing and makes others like TP totally redundant.

1 Like

sure… if you’re ever in need of yet another (indoor) training app, you can try out mine (iOS Only)

1 Like

Yes, but TP has the selling plans feature and as long that is rocking coaches will keep using TP. However for analysis ICU is way better. TP feels like Garmin, ICU is Coros for me and I am happy to support this. It’s even still unbelievable that ICU is free.

1 Like