Zwift alternative

I do like ROUVY very much but their support. It really sucks.
When I go back in history and see the level of support that David has given (even when I was not a supporter) in comparison . Oh my…

2 Likes

I think nowadays Rouvy is the best. Weekly refresh, and many invention… In the past years was my favorit Fulgaz, but now the Rouvy is more flexibility…

Hello,
I started to use BreakAway regularly and I really love because you can set a target for different parameters as power, hr or cadence. I removed Zwift for your app.

But I have a concern with the ads. Do you plan to add a paid version to remove it? I’m really upset by this and I’m preferring give an amount of dollars each month rather than see ads.

Also a version for Apple TV could be very welcoming.

Thank you for your great work. Keep going!

1 Like

Firstly, Thanks for supporting the app.

when the app was created, the code internal structure was catered to ads (as I figured that ppl rather watch ads) But I’ve realised that that wasnt’ the case and I also found out that using ads really paid v v v badly. like fractions of a cent.

So yeah… I’ve been trying to get/move away from ads but it’s taking me time to figure it all out esp as unlike getting ppl to pay via paypal where I can easily refund if there are issues, going thru apple means I don’t have any “say” on refunds. So I need to be very careful in it’s implementation. (Apple also expects the developer to package their own openSSL code to verify purchase receipts and stuffs like that)

in short - yes. I"m trying to move fast as i can. (tho it’s not as fast as I want)

re AppleTV. This is a higher possibility vs Android version. But we shall see… (Airplay doesn’t work? it will also remove the 2 BLE connections limitation on Apple TV)

also resistance/slope. You can ride your structured workout as Resistance/Slope and the newest version made it simpler w/ the pull-up START bar

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Understood about the ads, I’ll be patient! People are often open to pay for a good quality product and your app is a good quality and very versatile regarding the market.

About AppleTV, yes I’m mirroring my iPad on it. It’s working well but it’s less practical than using directly my AppleTV. No matter the connexion limitation, I’m only using my Elite trainer and my HR strap.

Another things, and I don’t know if this functionality is existing or I wasn’t able to set. It’s to set an HR or cadence target and keep the trainer adjust the resistance automatically. I think it’s a nice but specific option who could be useful in some case. Let me explain.
On another day, my coach gave my a workout based on cadence with a HR target. For example, bike at 50rpm inside the Z3 HR. I guessed a power and I was lucky because the power was right on the spot to follow my coach directives. But it could be very nice if the trainer adjust automatically the resistance to stay at a specific cadence inside an HR zone.

Thanks

You can do HR to control Resistance/power target. As for doing Z3 HR, if you set the HR, provided the interval is long enough, the power will get to the right spot as the app checks the HR every X seconds and increment/decrement the power.

For Cadence, I’m not sure that is something that can be automatically controlled. As you know, in ERG mode, whatever gears you use, You can be going 60/70/80/90/100rpm and it eventually get to the same (flywheel) speed.

TBH, I’m not exactly sure how.

1 Like

I don’t see how cadence could be controlled automatically???
It’s something you can only do yourself. You can off course regulate resistance to target a certain HR or Power for a selected cadence.

Hello,

Thank you for your input, probably I set something wrong. I’ll try again on a future training.

1 Like

sure… let me know if i can help

Same. The races are actually fun and the workouts okish.

Hi,

I retested and when I put a Cadence or HR as a target, BreakAway don’t recognize the workout ("Not supported / Some unsupported workout not Sync’ed… (workouts without any intervals with Power/HR/Cad etc.) but there are one of them for each line. It’s looks like we can’t mix HR target and Power target inside the same workout?

-25m Z2

2x

• 2m Z3 HR 35-45rpm

• 2m Z3 HR 95-105rpm

• 2m Z3 HR 35-45rpm

• 1m Z3 HR 95-105rpm

• 30s Z3 HR 120-130rpm

• 2m Z1

• 16m Z1

Please note I set the workout as auto.

Thanks for your support.

Rouvy is great, beautiful, and you can import .mrc and .erg files to do your own exercices. This cannot be done in My Swoosh. A Rouvy individual annual plan is less expensive than zwift (which only has a monthly subscription).

Notice the blanks in the graphic. This is due to the lack of Power %/Zone

This is how it looks when you put a “dummy” Power target there. The graphic will show the (estimated) Power at your desired HR

eg: This is a mixed Mode workout.

You designed a workout that has a mixture of power and HR (and some parts where power /HR is not prescribed, it will then show the options for “Auto / Power / HR”)

BreakAway will honor what the workout builder provides, the lack of Power target at those HR intervals causes the missing graphic. When Intervals Don’t recognise it, it will ask for user’s suggestion, Either Power/HR or Auto and omit those intervals that are without those parameters

Suggest you put in an estimated power on those intervals. The app will try to get you to the “right” power at those HR Targets.

Note: I say try because your intervals are 2m short and HR lag can be up to 30secs++ and at the new Interval, The app will determine the delta of current HR and last 60s HR and increment / decrement up to max of I can’t remember, 30% of FTP or something like that to try to get you to the Desired HR target.

Just to note, Zwift does now have an annual plan. Here in the UK it is £12.99 a month or £129.99 annually. Not sure how that compares to Rouvy and other platforms.

Robert

You can send ERG files to My Whoosh with Training Peaks. I pay for Trainer Day ($3.99 mth or $39 yr) it sends workout of the day to free Training Peaks and then it sends it to Whoosh. Very simple.

1 Like

Excellent! Thanks!

Rouvy is 149,9€/year or 14,99€/month so it’s the same amount.

I’m really surprised no one on this thread has mentioned IndieVelo, which is in free beta right now and has workout push sync with Intervals. It is limited to PC/Mac platforms right now so no iOS (android in restricted beta) but I have been on it for 6 weeks and really enjoy it. check it out.

5 Likes

I’ve never heard someone say this before :rofl:

1 Like

There are topics discussing indieVelo:

15 topics are returned in the search when using indieVelo:
https://forum.intervals.icu/search?context=topic&context_id=52339&q=IndieVelo&skip_context=true

1 Like