Zwift alternative

Not at all.
It replaces the zwift server with your own (hence no other users), and so you only really miss out on any social aspects. Perfect for routes / workouts and the included pace partners.

3 Likes

sorry… confused… you said “not at all” to my question if needs a paying zwift account.

But based on what you explained further on…

I take this means that needs a paying zwift account.

1 Like

NO,In the ZOffline, you can easily create an account。

oh wow… interesting…
wish I have a windows box to try.

I run on a linux laptop (fedora). You could run in a VM on mac or other. The server and client can be on different machines as long as they have network connectivity. Ie Android client, Server on linux vm on an apple pc. (or lets say mac client talking via network to server on linux vm on said mac))

1 Like

Have just checked this out. It’s great. Thank you very much for the link!

I try instal offline… when start i got this messege

Are there any exact step-by-step instructions on how to install the program?? all steps !!

Seems you already have a service running on port 443, a web server maybe?

ZwiftOffline - Online - discard chat for help

Wahoo RGT free account allows you to ride on ANY event created by a premium user or by Wahoo: group rides, races, time trial, elimination races…

Free version does not allow to upload workouts to RGT but you can control your trainer from another app while riding in RGT.

Only “problem” is that to be competitive you need to use the new steering feature (which is awesome) That means adding some hardware. "Wahoo steer "is the accessory I use but in RGT facebook group you can find many much cheaper home made alternatives, like bluetooth buttons. If you just want to try the steering feature without any hardware at all you can just touch the arrows in the RGT remote app in your smartphone. Once you get used to steering it is a very immersive an interactive experience.

This is a nice review (before steering was released)

I forgot: Many events have few riders, or just bots (this is where Zwift is unbeatable) One of the most popular events, with only real riders, are the ones created by Team Lou. But there are others too.

its possible upload direct to garmin/intervals , just like Zwift does?

@Rober_Action_Rower you should try VirtuPro (https://www.virtuprocycling.com) its free, but still under development.
There are possibly to ride with other people, but you can also ride against AI.
There are not yet possible to create your own training programs, but you can choose 30/60/90 min free ride and make your workout.

Graphics are nice and ride feel is also good, but there are no trainer difficulty settings, so steep hills are steep and there are no way to make slope easier.

There are also possible to ride your own grand tour with daily stages - longest is 21 days, but you can ride it faster if you like to do so.

taxc neo v1 with garmin edge 830 works perfekt !

import trainings from *.wko to intervals.icu calender and sync with garmin → ready :slight_smile:

there is also a easy nice workoutbuilder

you can recreate all zwift workouts and trainingsplans (you will find them if you google them)

Im enjoying Rouvy too. I actually like the quite atmosphere there and the graphics are great. Exploring world from my paincave at least gives me a bit more motivation to train indoors during winter.

1 Like

I do like ROUVY very much but their support. It really sucks.
When I go back in history and see the level of support that David has given (even when I was not a supporter) in comparison . Oh my…

2 Likes

I think nowadays Rouvy is the best. Weekly refresh, and many invention… In the past years was my favorit Fulgaz, but now the Rouvy is more flexibility…

Hello,
I started to use BreakAway regularly and I really love because you can set a target for different parameters as power, hr or cadence. I removed Zwift for your app.

But I have a concern with the ads. Do you plan to add a paid version to remove it? I’m really upset by this and I’m preferring give an amount of dollars each month rather than see ads.

Also a version for Apple TV could be very welcoming.

Thank you for your great work. Keep going!

1 Like

Firstly, Thanks for supporting the app.

when the app was created, the code internal structure was catered to ads (as I figured that ppl rather watch ads) But I’ve realised that that wasnt’ the case and I also found out that using ads really paid v v v badly. like fractions of a cent.

So yeah… I’ve been trying to get/move away from ads but it’s taking me time to figure it all out esp as unlike getting ppl to pay via paypal where I can easily refund if there are issues, going thru apple means I don’t have any “say” on refunds. So I need to be very careful in it’s implementation. (Apple also expects the developer to package their own openSSL code to verify purchase receipts and stuffs like that)

in short - yes. I"m trying to move fast as i can. (tho it’s not as fast as I want)

re AppleTV. This is a higher possibility vs Android version. But we shall see… (Airplay doesn’t work? it will also remove the 2 BLE connections limitation on Apple TV)

also resistance/slope. You can ride your structured workout as Resistance/Slope and the newest version made it simpler w/ the pull-up START bar

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Understood about the ads, I’ll be patient! People are often open to pay for a good quality product and your app is a good quality and very versatile regarding the market.

About AppleTV, yes I’m mirroring my iPad on it. It’s working well but it’s less practical than using directly my AppleTV. No matter the connexion limitation, I’m only using my Elite trainer and my HR strap.

Another things, and I don’t know if this functionality is existing or I wasn’t able to set. It’s to set an HR or cadence target and keep the trainer adjust the resistance automatically. I think it’s a nice but specific option who could be useful in some case. Let me explain.
On another day, my coach gave my a workout based on cadence with a HR target. For example, bike at 50rpm inside the Z3 HR. I guessed a power and I was lucky because the power was right on the spot to follow my coach directives. But it could be very nice if the trainer adjust automatically the resistance to stay at a specific cadence inside an HR zone.

Thanks

You can do HR to control Resistance/power target. As for doing Z3 HR, if you set the HR, provided the interval is long enough, the power will get to the right spot as the app checks the HR every X seconds and increment/decrement the power.

For Cadence, I’m not sure that is something that can be automatically controlled. As you know, in ERG mode, whatever gears you use, You can be going 60/70/80/90/100rpm and it eventually get to the same (flywheel) speed.

TBH, I’m not exactly sure how.

1 Like