Updated Integration w/ Intervals.Icu (BreakAway: Indoor Training iOS)

Hi There… thanks for using the app.
You say the wattage seems 2x what it’s supposed to be? Then this is definitely a bug.

I recently did a change where I followed the Bluetooth Specs for Power Meter (only if it was a left) and double the output power.

I’m gonna re-check this and get back to you. (but I may still need your help to verify as I don’t have the Kickr Snap and it worked w/o issues on my trainer and single sided assiomas).

is your Trainer connected as “FECw trainer”? if yes, this might explains it. I’ll do some testing and send you an invite to the BETA app.

Update: Looks like this is a bad bug. I tried to follow the Bluetooth Specs to double power, but looks like some single sided power meter will

1. double the power within firmware
  2. double the power as an option within the power meter’s app (eg: Assioma)

Based on this, I’m gonna be rolling back this change and re-submitting the app

Can you elaborate on this?

BTW - the power increase/decrease - you can feel the change? (confirming if there is issues on this)

I believe it was connected as “FECw trainer.” How do I change this?

Yeah, my first thought was that it was doubling single-sided power, but wasn’t sure.

As for the intervals, it didn’t feel like the power changed much (if at all) from 45% to 60%, and the wattage continued to read out ~160w, which was twice my 45% power (~80w).

Just sent a new update to Apple for review to get this Double Power to be fixed. Are you per chance using any Power Meter Pedals or some other power meter besides the Trainer?

FECw is actually the way Your Kickr Snap broadcasts in Bluetooth. It’s Wahoo’s own extension (the newer models are all broadcasting in FTMS). Is your SNAP broadcasting in FTMS? (You can check using some other trainer app)

For the Power Change - perhaps you can do a Manual Change like put the Watt Step as 100w (within SETTINGS) and then do a “free ride” or a workout - your choice, then click the + button and see if you feel a resistance change (don’t mind the Double Power for now)

Tx

Downloaded the update! I’m not using any other power meter right now.

It’s definitely broadcasting in FECw. I’ll try a ride tonight to test the double power and the watt change in ERG mode. Thanks for your responsiveness! I’d be more than willing to join the beta, as well. Happy to offer any feedback, and glad I found your app!

2 Likes

In order to make the next update better,the other bugs (maybe only for iPhone 6s ios14.6):
Intervals charts:
New version(before rollback):“Completed Time In Power Zone” Z1->Z6 No background color fill
and no foreground color fill

The now version is Z4->Z7 &SS Same error。

1 Like

Thanks for the bug report! Appreciate it… since i don’t have all sort of devices (ios versions) to test on.

Hmm… the code for completed time in Power Zone is same for both versions… Let me check. but will fix

to confirm… this is version 65.1 from the App Store right? (or rather, latest from the app Store)

@zt_zzz would you mind checking out the BETA app if this issue still exists?
I see notes on my version that shows I’ve fixed something so that the bars doesn’t get compressed.

Join the BreakAway: Indoor Training beta

This Beta app would also let you preview some of the updated integration.

Tx

yes

It‘’s perfect if can be solved easily, but it doesn‘’t affect the function of the app。 :grinning:

Thank’s ,I have installed The Beta app。

will b fixed…look nice it must
pls try the beta if can… :pray:

Suggestion for the new version:
Before save the end of training, can you add an option: again
That is to say, one more time!
Because the difficulty of training:2X30Min Z2<60Min Z2(psychological reasons :sweat_smile:
Sometimes the training duration cannot be determined.Maybe 30Min 1h 1h30min or 2h …4h…
but 2X30min=1h or 2X1h=2h
The change may be very big,You’ve had a long flight.

When I schedule a session that I might not know if I would do 30m or 1h or 2h, I would create the session as 2hr and then use the “>>” button to fast forward to the last interval (warmdown).

This might also work for you on those sessions.

I see you mentioned that you installed the beta. does it look ok?

TX

The beta app is in use.
Sometimes i will train for 2 hours or more, but if the training is set to 3 hours, the psychological pressure will be greater

This image is N *30Min 70%
6h

Some Updated Screenshots. Now you can

1. Edit the workout Details
  2. Add Self Evaluations for RPE and FEEL
  3. Delete Workout from Intervals
  4. Moved the “Open In” to a smaller menu
  5. Pair / UnPair Workouts
  6. Add in Race/Commute/Trainer “Labels”

I’m still looking for Weight Training, I see there’s one field called “Weight Lifted in kg” Havent found out where this value exists in the API.

1 Like

Hi

Are there any plans to develop an Android or Windows version of this app? Sounds great and exactly what I would be looking foe to supplement the Wattbike Hub workouts.

Thanks

Sam

Thanks for taking a look. At this current juncture, the answer would be a No.
It’s a definite No for Windows for sure, android is a KIV for future.

1 Like

Hi @app4g ,

How can make BreakAway to import a workout with cadence and without power? Check the high cadence blocks below

App shows a popup:

Thank you!

Tito

This looks like a Garmin HeadUnit workout as there are no power numbers for that high cadence block.

For indoors, typically there would be some default power in ERG / Resistance / Slope Mode. BreakAway would not know what to send the the Trainer when there is no Power/HR/Slope targets and currently, i only send a 30% of FTP during Free Ride mode if no initial power is provided.

For your case, I would suggest putting in a default power percentage. It can be any power number eg: 30%
It may be possible for me to add a default 30% of FTP to the import script when no power is detected, but I’m afraid that would have unintended conseqeuences for some % of users

(eg: Once added 30% to the high cadence blocks)

ps: new rev of BreakAway will also pull in cadence targets

Thank you very much! It worked… :+1:

1 Like

I’ve added Additional capability when using the Intervals.icu activity edits. YOu can now selectively sync edits back to Garmin Connect.

More here…

1 Like

Added a new Splits/Laps data quick look.

Will be rolled up for next official release

1 Like

updated look of calendar with support for Completed workout Skyline Chart (newest feature from intervals.icu) and now also with Zone Colours. All in sync with Intervals.icu colour schemes (only for 7 zones Power Scheme)

2 Likes