Training plans now supported

Hello!
Is it correct that if an athlete is set to HR/power/pace for workouts and i build a workout with
“10m Z1” the builder refers to power zones instead HR? Does the HR needs to be specified always?

@david: I love the text-input possibility for individual workouts. Now I want to “import” a 6months+ long training plan (i.e., a detailed ATP) from PowerPoint. 20+weeks, 5 trainings/week. Do I have a chance to input such a training plan without wasting my time with mouse-clicking and drag-and-dropping in a graphical GUI? “Real programmers do not use GUI and mouse-clicks”, you know :stuck_out_tongue:

So, can I input multiple workouts into a plan just using a text editor in a single work-session? That would be a dream for me :slight_smile:

default is Power

for HR:
-10m 50% HR
or
-10m Z1 HR
or
-10m 50% LTHR

can also use pace

1 Like

You would need to use the API for that … it could be done quite easily if you know a scripting language.

Well, I used to use *nix shell scripting for living for a while, a few decades ago. :slight_smile:
I suppose bash&curl should be good enough for this. Do I need an API key?

Disregard the question, I have found API access to Intervals.icu

If I build and apply a training plan, does it save the plan in the library tab so I can apply it again in the future or do I have to rebuild it each time I want to use the plan in the future?

I second that request about a periodization function. Yes, you can plan in the plan view and you can add notes in the calendar view. But that makes the planning process unnecessarily hard :crazy_face:

But it would be really great if notes could be added directly in the plan view - so that blocks are clearly visible. Would be great as well if these notes in the plan also appears in the calendar view

No you can build it in your library and apply as many times as you like.

1 Like

You can add notes to a plan and they are copied onto the calendar when it is applied.

perfect, thanks David :smiley:

I searched for it and didn’t realized that the Note is one of the activity types :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hello, @david

How can I create a workout and then get it to upload to my Wahoo Kickr or Tacx trainer so it follows it?

I see you can download different types of files but am not sure which one is the best or if it is even possible, thanks.

The workouts don’t go directly to your trainer. You need something called a ‘Workout Player’.
Breakaway for iPhone
TrainerDay for Android or iPhone
icTrainer
Those are quite popular around here but there are plenty of others, for different platform.

2 Likes

Here’s some of the featureset for BreakAway: Indoor Training for iOS

Give me a holler if I can be of service.
Tx MedTechCD!

In the planned workouts, can we do miles instead of minutes for the Duration?

This is what you’re looking for?

1 Like

No. At least I don’t think so. I created a plan for a half marathon and it’s in my library. I’m adding a workout to the plan and it pops up the following dialogue:

Are you saying to get the distance I have to add a step? I’m basically just using this for a training calendar. I was using Training Peaks. I just need to plan out the mileage. I’m not trying to upload workouts anywhere.

Okay, maybe it is… now that I’m playing with it. Seems overly-complicated. I just want something like “3 Miles” to pop up on the calendar. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Then Y not just use a “Note” instead?

I added the note and it didn’t show up. HOWEVER… I set up my pace in the settings and now it’s calculating what a 4 mile run should be correctly and it’s showing up just find. I literally just started using this app yesterday because my neighbor wants to do his first half marathon and I was using an excel spreadsheet to make the calendar. LOL. This will work much better. Thanks again for your help.