Training plans now supported

You can now create and share training plans in Intervals.icu. Click the library book and then “Create plan”:

Now you can drag and drop workouts from your library to the plan or click on the calendar to add workouts and notes. You can also drag and drop other plans to build a bigger plan. Drag workouts around on the calendar to re-arrange.

Click on the plan in the library or click the “Close” button to stop editing. Now you can drag and drop it onto an athlete calendar to apply. You can drop it on any day and it starts from that day. The workouts are copied so once on the athletes calendar you can make changes without changing the original plan.

When you delete a workout added from a plan you can choose to delete all the others added at the same time. So if you drop a plan in the wrong place just click one of the workouts and choose “Yes & Others” to remove the whole plan.

You can share plans with other athletes just like folders (click the “…” menu):

Athletes set to “Editor” can make changes to the plan.

Coming soon: “dynamic plans” (thats what the start date is for) that you can extend and apply to multiple athletes at the same time.

32 Likes

Amazing work.
Anyone feel free to share theirs with me so I can test that the feature works :wink:

2 Likes

Tx. I am going to make workout folders and plans publicly sharable soon with a searchable directory and so on.

10 Likes

As stated earlier;
You might not need that many inputs and suggested additions,
We give you a little time, and up pops solutions for something we didn’t know we had a problem for.
You are still on the right track.

2 Likes

only 3 weeks plan ?

1 Like

No as many weeks as you like. More weeks appear on top. I am about to a deploy a new version with some notes at the bottom of the page to make that clear.

2 Likes

You can now link a plan to any number of athletes and apply changes to all of their calendars at once. You don’t need to make a specific type of plan for this, just click the “Athletes” button on any plan and select athletes. Then you can click “Apply Changes” to update their calendars.

Only workouts from today or in the future are included.

3 Likes

It’s getting better and better.

A few minutes ago I have found how to show my calendar without the plan and I cannot do it again.
Is it possible to mask the plan to show only the workouts done ? Thanks

2 Likes

Tx. You can click “Options” and untick “Show past planned workouts”. Then your plan will only show up for future workouts.

1 Like

ok thanks, and to mask the upcoming workouts and see the actual time/training load without planned workouts ?

1 Like

I could add an option to do that but then someone is going to forget that they ticked it and be sad because their plan has disappeared. I have a todo list item to show actual and planed work progress against the plan in the week info popup. Would that do?

1 Like

The share plan/folder dialog now makes it easy to share with groups of athletes you coach:

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 21.16.58

1 Like

I understand. My idea is to see quicker what I have already done speaking of load and time training. Right now I see 11h for this week and percentages of completion of the plan. That’s usueful but I am so used to think in terms of weekly volume that I am a bit lost

1 Like

Hello would love to be able to upload a plan directly to zwift like we can with individual workouts but instead it would download as a folder with all the differed workout divided in weeks in the folder and have it categorized as the name of the plan and subcategorized as weeks in zwift Capture This is an exemple I made by hand

1 Like

I have mailed Zwift to ask for API access but have not had a response so far. If anyone knows anyone at Zwift please put in a word :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can’t believe I missed this feature!
Migrating my plans from TP and Xert right now.

Question about the start date: the plan requires a start date, but ideally I would like to be able to apply a plan from the library starting any given week. Is that still possible?

1 Like

Yes you can drag and drop the plan onto any athlete’s calendar and all the workouts are copied in starting on that date (doesn’t have to be the start of a week, useful for ‘short’ sets of workouts).

Linking athletes to a plan and using the “Apply Changes” button pushes changes to all the athletes on the plan at once. The start date for the plan is used to for the dates of the workouts. This “remembers” workouts on the athlete calendar’s that came from the plan and will move them around and update them.

2 Likes

Hi David. Are there any plans to add a periodisation / block planning function? I’m thinking a zoomed-out season view where you can plan blocks which highlights any planned races. Then when back in normal calendar view you can easily see which block you in.

5 Likes

That would be nice. You can approximate it now by adding notes. But a proper plan builder of some kind would be better. I only have the most basic knowledge of how to go about doing that though.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much about the science or practice of periodisation - as there are a million ways to do it. More just a way to ‘zoom out’ - plan at macro level - and have these macros levels visible (colour coded?) at the micro daily/weekly level.

2 Likes