The coach's tick

Sometimes when reviewing sessions completed by an athlete, there isn’t really much need to comment, but I would like them to know I’ve seen it. The same goes for if they leave notes. Would it be possible to have a simple tick that you can apply against a calendar entry?

6 Likes

Thinking about this again - can we like or heart another person’s activity? (coached athletes in my case, but could be an athlete you follow)

1 Like

I like this idea, and although I think it is not critical, I think it would be very nice to have. I would actually add a bit to it:
It would be great to be able to “grade” the workouts of coached athletes. Maybe using something similar to the smiley scale for Feel, so you can grade the workouts as something like:

• Amazing job
  • Good job
  • Seen
  • Not great
  • WTF did you do? I told you to do 2h at 150 W, why did you do a 5h ride with a total of 2h30 at >250 W?
4 Likes

I will see what I can do. Nice idea.

2 Likes

Following up on this one, would still be great!

1 Like

Just a follow up on this one @david to see if there is any update? This would be a great feature to give athlete’s confidence that as coaches we are reviewing their workouts etc consistently and recognising the work they are doing…especially where there is no real need to provide formal comment

5 Likes

I want to implement this soon. What are the options? I have this so far (tx @FredSPast ):

• Amazing
  • Good
  • Seen
  • Not great
  • WTF?
1 Like

Not sure to what extent I’ll be using this, but I really like the idea of having nice little jokes and quirks in here.

This one always makes me smile a little:

1 Like

This is maybe a stretch, but would it be possible for us to have 5 place holders that allows us to enter our own custom-wording? Perhaps on the settings page.

1 Like

Maybe. The tricky part is that athletes can have multiple coaches. For something like this it would normally just be a number stored on the activity. If it depends on the coach then I need to know who last updated it and have the coach’s mapping available whenever it is displayed.

You could propose your preferred list :slight_smile:

I think the custom wording would be an amazing feature if it was possible.
If they could be set for each athlete they would allow quick individualised messages and even a little humour (for those who will take it well ).
For instance, ‘Amazing run David!’ would be much better than just Amazing.
And some athletes I would be happy to have ‘WTF were you thinking with that session’, while others I would word it a bit more conservatively. :joy:

1 Like

Actually custom wording per-athlete is a lot easier to do than per-coach. The athlete is always available. You would need to edit them for each athlete but I can add a button to make that easy.

2 Likes

There we go, custom per athlete gets the same result.

1 Like

Next problem: Where does it fit? Always a pain! That column with cadence has “Stride” for running so it can’t go there.

Could it be placed between the description and source?
IMG_3611

Maybe left of the compliance icon. That will work if only an icon is displayed.

1 Like

I was going to ask that, but thought only one bit of info could fit per line.

Maybe 5 smiley faces similar to the feel icons.
The middle one would be “as per plan”, and then two levels either side.

2 Likes

First version of this is live:

2 Likes