Strava sync available to all users!

Strava has granted Intervals.icu an API rate limit increase! Downloading activities from Strava is available to all users (supporters and free). Thank you to all those who became supporters in the last couple of weeks.

I can now get back to improving this site, fixing bugs and all the other good stuff! If you can please support or continue to support Intervals.icu. It takes a lot of time (and money) to keep everything running. Supporter feature requests move up the todo list!

185 Likes

Well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle… That certainly is a feat. Kudos!!

5 Likes

Money well spent. Appreciate the continuous development!

7 Likes

It’s a pleasure to contribute. You’re making a very good work here!

3 Likes

Wow, I wish that but didn´t trust it. :smiley:
I was decide to leave Strava and stay only on intervals.icu .

4 Likes

Great news!!

3 Likes

Does this also mean that there no need to log in to account every 28 days to keep strava sync active?

I became a supporter a few weeks ago, but honestly this is the only site where paying felt like a relief, rather than a “must”. I was having bad self-conscious for a while that I take all your hard work for free… will continue to be a supporter; fantastic site, fantastic way of communication with the community David!

26 Likes

Great to hear. Also, Kudos to you for rolling back the supporter requirement. Not a lot of businesses would have done that. I will gladly keep supporting Intervals.

8 Likes

No that restriction is still there and has been 21 days for a while. I will push it out to 28 again later today.

2 Likes

Did not expect to see that, great news!

1 Like

Is there any chance Supporters (or free) will soon run out of API (again) ?

I hope not. Strava support said I can ask again when this limit becomes insufficient. It was a 33% increase which will take a while to run out.

10 Likes

Absolutely happy to contribute. I’m a data geek and I pour over my stats everyday. Thank you for what you’ve done so far and i look forward to what else you will do

1 Like

I became a subscriber a few months ago and don’t regret it at all. I think I can let my TP sub go because you guys provide nearly the same info and in some cases a lot more info which is valuable. The TP app is super convenient and I love that it shows you your “peaks” or top 3 after an event/ride. I can live without that given the price of TP and the fact that between you guys and Golden Cheetah I can find what I need.

Can you share a screenshot of what this is? I only have the Free Tier Access so I wanna know what exactly you’re referring to.

TX

I love Intervals. Thanks for all you do!

1 Like

Excellent news. And really surprising move from Strava, it seems that they want to discourage API use as much as possible.

Good news. Keep up the great work, I was so happy when I found out about this page.Used Golden Cheetah before and always wished for a mobile solution / something I could use on my phone. I am always happy to support good stuff and people that create it.

I do wonder if there’s like separate agreements and/or TOS with different entties/ companies on how they are allowed to use the API and the Data. Cos isn’t sites like Veloviewer building a competing site w/ leaderboards and how well you’re doing on a particular segment?