Strava sync to become a paid feature (paused)

Are you a subscriber? See the topic of this thread

I did notice that, just wasn’t sure when it would actually stop. I would subscribe if it wasn’t that the only option would be creditcard… Love intervals

2 Likes

There were some issues with rate limits this weekend. You can recover anything that hasn’t come through using the “Download old data” button in the Strava box in /settings. I can see a Strava activity came in for you yesterday.

1 Like

Good call. I tried doing ln -s and I think it worked this time. I see the Alias file.

ln -s /Users/<username>/dropbox/<folder_name> /Users/<username>/Documents/Zwift/Activities

Will double check again next time I ride.

1 Like

can you tell me what could be the problem? Tried on mac os and windows. One and the same mistake.

Here is a script for mac os, I added my user id and api key

Got the data from here

veloviewer have previously for sure.

Previously yes. For sure. That’s also how david got 3x rate increase if I remember correctly.

I got into the game late, so I’m definitely not getting any rate increases.

Obviously if we revoke strava access we lose previously synced stuff (strava rules and all). Does this change affect only new activities if we just leave the strava api connected?

I believe if you uncheck the “download activities” box But keep Strava connected, then no new activities will be pulled into intervals, but all old activities are still kept

2 Likes

If buying a Visa gift card is available to you, that would do the trick. Put $100 on it and set it to auto-renew and don’t think about it for the next two years.

Important update:

6 Likes

Need this! Am on Apple TV. No simple solution yet

Quite possibly great news (for all)
I tried using Garmin Connect for activity sync due to some issues w/ Strava but it’s also getting some teething issues.

1. Strava Sync - Laps are a problem (not coming thru properly) due to
  • privacy circles or whatever else that strava is doing
  • I’m losing those things such as what gears are used for a particular activity (Tho I admit that I’m not a heavy user of intervals’s gear tracking as I can’t track things like how many times I’ve worn this pair of socks :-p ) Hence I do that in Garmin Connect
  1. Garmin Connect
  • I’m getting Duplicate (indoor) Activities when I dual-record using my BreakAway: Indoor Training iOS app + Garmin Watch. Somehow intervals.icu is just not able to differentiate it. (My guess is that Garmin record has no GPS/Distance data vs BreakAway does)
  • I know David has mentioned that one of his todo is to enable “selective” activity sync so quite possibly this will help in the future

I’m also still researching how to get my BreakAway app to broadcast Speed/Dist so that the Garmin can pick it up - no GPS tho.

are we back to not syncing Strava today?

I had a zwift workout that came over without mileage from Garmin but not data from Strava (usually I have to delete one)

Dual recording from your Garmin?

Try the “Download old data” button in the Strava box in /settings. It is possible for notifications from Strava to fail.

I wonder if this is the issue. I have Zwift sending data to Strava and Garmin and both are synced to intervals.

This is problematic all the way around. I want to use Garmin, Strava and intervals but there seems to be some conflicts.

Do I disconnect Garmin from intervals and just let the strava versions of the workouts come through?

This poster somehow is able to get swift rides over and not have issues w dual recording.

Also Did you see this?

1 Like

seems like garmin is the problem.

I’m going to try and disconnect garmin and pray like hell that everything comes through Strava since I am syncing Garmin to Strava.

Haha. Garmin isn’t the problem. Problem is zwift. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like