SETTINGS PAGE - a guide to getting started

In the guide, you will learn about the Settings page , and the features available.
Each section is covered in a separate post, so that any features relating to the specific section on this page can be updated accordingly.

This page allows you to:

Header section

1. Support the site, by contributing a small amount;
  2. Set your individual settings, eg. multiple language support, weight, unit (weight), restingHR, and more;
  3. Personal details
  4. If you’re on a training plan, the start date and week number since starting.

** Ride/Run/Swim/Other section**
5. Here you can add different types of activities;
6. Specify warm up and cool down duration;
7. Default gear, Indoor gear;
8. Priorities for Training load, TIZ, Workouts, Intervals;
9. Power level settings and HR Zone settings;
10. eFTP minimum duration to estimate your FTP.

Gear section
11. A list of your gear, showing distance, duration and description. It can be linked from Strava data, with component sub-levels.

** 3rd party connections**
12. Connect your favourite 3rd party apps, eg. Garmin Connect, Polar, Suunto, Strava, Coros, Wahoo, Dropbox, Oura, Google Fit and more.
13. Apps reading and writing to/from your data, eg. BreakAway, IndieVelo, Daily TSS,etc. as well as any unused apps available,eg.CheckMyRide, Gear Tracker II, etc. will show below the Privacy settings.

Privacy Settings
14. Setup privacy circles
15. Who can see your data inside the circles
16. Privacy radius setting.

Seasons settings
17. You can setup a start and end date for each season. It cannot overlap.

Wellness settings
18. Wellness data, Menstrual cycles and visibility.
19. Custom Fitness and Fatigue contribution to your fitness chart (aka PMC), can be setup.

Email Notifications
20. Choose which options you want to receive, or not receive, email notification for, eg. the Intervals.icu newsletter, when you achieve a season best, when someone sends message, etc.

Developer Settings
21. Your unique athlete ID, API Key is stored here. Keep it private, and don’t share with others unless you approve of it.

Device Information
22. This is for troubleshooting purposes. Handy to quote this if you have a problem.

Curious if someone knows how to push updates to W’ through the API. I’d like to automate this with a python script so my W’ stays up-to-date for each race without me having to manually enter changes in the value.

curl -u API_KEY:<YOUR_API_KEY> -H ‘Content-Type: application/json’ -X PUT -d ‘{“icu_w_prime”: 90000}’ https://intervals.icu/api/v1/activity/{activity_id}

this updates a particular activity… not sure if it propagates to /SETTINGS for sitewide

2 Likes

is it a wellness setting?

yup… changing it on the LATEST activity will also update /SETTINGS to the same value.

So now to automate that: where do we get the latest calculation from?

1 Like

Hi, I do not know how to populate the filed “HRRc FCmin”. The software has detected a drop of 39bpm on one of my activities, but the dialog box in the seetings page asks me for a value between 80 and 220, which is an absolute heart rate and not a relative, or a drop. Could you help out? Thanks very much!

To get the HRRc to show, you have to do an effort for >1-min above the value you insert in the field, you are questioning.

It doesn’t have to be your threshold HR, but this value is the one many would use. The HRRc value is then the number of beats dropped after you ended that specific “interval”.

Example:

• I enter 170bpm in the field you ask about.
  • I do 5x4 min efforts
  • every time you go above 170, for more than 1 minute, it will calculate the value after 60 seconds of recovery.
  • The best value from those efforts is displayed (in the image below, it’s the first interval).
1 Like

I had it wrong. I see now, thank you

1 Like