Oura ring integration

Look for this in /settings:

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 07.03.43

Select the items you want to download from Oura, click connect and authorise Intervals.icu to access your Oura data. Your complete history will be downloaded. After that the most recent week of data is downloaded approximately 3 times per day and when you visit Intervals.icu.

Items downloaded:

• Sleep duration
  • Sleep score
  • Sleep quality (updated from sleep score)
  • Average sleeping heart rate
  • Resting heart rate
  • Readiness

This can be displayed on the calendar (Options → Wellness) and plotted on the /fitness page.

If you were testing this feature before, disconnect and re-connect to pickup the new fields (average sleeping heart rate).

14 Likes

wow and double wow … this is amazing. thank you <3

exceptional @david . the time has come to buy the ring

Awesome - thank you!

Fantastic addition, thank you.

Great work David! Highly appreciate the effort!

Would it be possible to also pull through resting respiratory rate from the oura ring?

1 Like

if it’s available on the api, it sure is technically possible

I added a custom field for this and updated the Oura integration to populate it if it is present and HRV is enabled. You just need to add this to your wellness fields:

2 Likes

Hi David,
Firstly, thank you for this great app, I love it.

I just acquire an Oura ring and I wonder why there are differences between Oura data and the data uploaded in intervals.icu? Mainly sleep score, sleep time and readiness.

I join 2 examples to show you.

Are you sure that no other source is connected for wellness data?
If for example Garmin Wellness is also connected, the values displayed will be those from the last successful sync.
Check the settings page for Garmin Connect, Polar, Coros, Google Fit, whatever other connection you have.

I only use Strava (and Oura now).
To my knowledge, Strava does not have information about my sleeps.

And, before I connect intervals.icu to Oura, I didn’t have information about wellness.

Can you check if Oura makes a difference in ´Sleep time´ or ´Bed time´?
Some consider Awake as Sleep Time, others don´t.

Tx. For the 26th Intervals got “sleepSecs”:20970 which is 5h46m. I will add some more logging to see exactly what Oura sent. Maybe there are some extra fields.

@MedTechCD See the screenshot below (for 26th July). The difference does not correspond to what it’s fill in intervals.icu.

@david Ok, thank you. If you need more information, do not hesitate. I can answer on intervals.icu chat too.

Edit: today there is still a difference (total sleep → intervals.icu = 7h54, Oura = 8h38, sleep score → 86 vs 95).

@david did you find an explanation?

I added some logging and have looked at data for the 27th of July (oldest that comes back):

"summary_date": "2023-07-26",
  "bedtime_end": "2023-07-27T08:07:38+02:00",
  "bedtime_start": "2023-07-26T23:37:38+02:00",
  "duration": 30600,
  "total": 21810,
  "awake": 8790,
  "rem": 1770,
  "deep": 4680,
  "light": 15360,
  "score": 64,
  "score_total": 61,

Note that he summary_date is 2023-07-26 but Intervals.icu records this on the 27th because that was the day you work up on. Intervals.icu has:

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 07.16.06

The total field is used for sleep time (21801 = 6h3m). The score comes from “score” (64).

So it all appears to match?

The data from your logs match with the data inside intervals.icu (Wellness).
But it’s not match with the data from Oura.
Total sleep → 6h24 vs 6h03.

And I am wondering if the sleep score matching is not a coincidence?

From Oura: date / sleep time / sleep score
2023-07-28 / 8h38 / 95
2023-07-29 / 7h40 / 71
2023-07-30/ 7h46 / 78
It’s not match with values from intervals.icu.

It’s not seem to be an error from your side but rather Oura side.
Am I the only one to notice these differences?

I use Oura myself and it’s always been fine and haven’t had other reports of problems. Did you perhaps connect an Oura account for someone else in your household who happened to be logged in?

I am the only one in my household with an Oura ring and an Oura account.
I will try to contact Oura.