Oura ring integration

Just a thought: Time zones are set correctly?

@MedTechCD which time zones?
In intervals.icu, yes. I set my max HR and, for running, I prefer use Pace for zones.
In Oura, there are not any.

I mean the clock settings of your devices. Are your Mobile, PC, Oura all set in the correct time zone?
Like GMT + x. Discrepancies in between the used devices can result in very strange results.
From davidā€™s logging above, the Oura results from the API come in wit a GMT +2 offset which is Central European time.

Yes, on my mobile and on my PC, the time zones are the same.
Actually, Iā€™m from France so itā€™s GMT+2.

I spoke with Oura support for information:

The data collected from the Oura App is based on the previous algorithm. Oura has since transitioned to using a new algorithm as its primary method for data analysis and insights.
[ā€¦] This transition to a new algorithm is part of Ouraā€™s continuous efforts to enhance accuracy and provide more refined insights to users. As a result, variations in data might occur between the old algorithm and the new one.
[ā€¦] While we donā€™t have a specific date for when the new algorithm will be fully implemented across all platforms, including the mobile and web apps, rest assured that our dedicated team is actively working to ensure a seamless transition.

According to this information, I wonder why I am the only one to notice this.

Wow. Thatā€™s annoying. I am using a Gen 2 and I just checked and my numbers match so maybe its that.

Well they had the ā€žoldā€œ and a ā€žbetaā€œ algorithm. But they claimed they swapped to the new beta as default

Edit: just checked my data (gen3) and intervals and the app match up to a minute (probably a rounding error of seconds)

Hey Pierre,

You are not the only one. I noticed the same problem today.
Have a 3rd Gen Ring but am getting different data (for sleep time, quality, readiness, score) from Oura to Intervals integration.

So must be the same issue that Oura is sending data based on the ā€œoldā€ algorithm.

1 Like

Hi @david,

The Oura ring is not always reliable. Sometimes, it considers an afternoon nap as a night of sleep. Therefore, it is not possible to correct the data on the Oura platform.

It is possible to correct the data from intervals.icu. However, the synchronization window will overwrite the modification. I have several questions: what is this synchronization window? Could it be customizable? How can I correct the data without it being overwritten in the next synchronization?

Thanks.

Intervals.icu goes back about a week for Oura. So currently it pulls data from 25 Feb. Probably easiest to just wait until that window has passed the bad data day and then edit it. Be careful not to disconnect and reconnect Oura. When that happens your complete history is updated.

Strange that you cannot edit the data in Oura.

1 Like

Iā€™ve modified intervals.icu data that is one week old. :+1: Thanks @david

In oura, I canā€™t retroactively adjust the data on my end, and Oura support canā€™t do it either. :sleepy: