Feature Request: Mini-Map

I dont often enter a descriptive name for my rides unless something significant happens on that ride. So (like many I imagine) I end up with a lot of “Morning Ride”, “Afternoon Ride”, “Evening Ride” on my calendar. My laziness makes it slower to find a past ride to reference as I have to click through a lot to get to Strava to identify the ride via the route. It would be great if the calendar view could contain a mini-map view of the route like the Strava Activity feed. This visual reference and recognition of the route would make it much faster to identify previous rides in the calendar view.

9 Likes

I have to say I really like the clean and uncluttered view of the calendar, so something like this should be optional. If want to look at the route I just click on the strava link, super easy.

6 Likes

An option to hide/show would be preferable as I do appreciate the clean look also most of the time. The problem with just clicking the strava link is when you are trying to find that one ride you did in the middle of 10 other rides, you wind up clicking through 10 other rides and then having to click through and load all those strava rides also. If you could Show the mini map, see that one route, then click through to the analysis and be done. No reason to have to go all the way to Strava.

1 Like

I have added “min map option” to the todo list. I do get map data from Strava so it should be possible.

8 Likes

There are going to be so many options you can add, delete, turn on, turn off, customise and whatever people find missing or useful, you’re going to run out of space and resources.

On a related note: I’m getting increasingly longer response times on both the regular site and the forum.

4 Likes

+1
True dat

I am going to get a new faster server soon which will improve performance.

5 Likes

from garmin connect ,is that possible?:joy:

Probably. I have the geo data so presumably its not hard to encode that :slight_smile:

Maybe use https://www.cyclosm.org/ for the mini map in each activity

1 Like

Is there any news about the mini maps? I would so much like to seeing them.
Derk

1 Like

Me too - a very useful feature.

1 Like

Would love to see this too, any updates?

1 Like

Add me to the list of map requests. I’d like to see the map as an optional chart on the activity page with the ability to scrub through power or other chart and show a location dot on the map chart.

5 Likes

That would be a neat way to implement it.

2 Likes

Yeah,
I often compare create intervals based on location on a map, so I can see where the climb starts and where it ends. Much easier than on altitude graph

1 Like

I’d like to have a map too. I travel often, and it would be a good way to understand where you’ve been without having to go through Strava.

2 Likes

As an idea without icu having to rely on other platforms.
I am putting to the notes section a snip (from connect) of my ride, so I always can see where I went. I know its a bit of a work but it ist a good workaround.
It would be nice and should not be too difficult to put a small “icon” of this image (or one (the last)) into the Calender view. I know not the best solution but perhaps one wich is ist a good workaround without apis from elsewhere. What do you think?

For me it would be great to get a map on the activity details to identify segments on a route and have a look at the power/hr… values for this period/segment… would be great if you add a feature that i can define my own segments and compare it to activities in the past(in the same area) to get better or know my gaps( strave segments could be a way but not so flexible).

I have been thinking abut various ways to facilitate comparing activities. Right now you have to use multiple browser windows which isn’t great.