Cyclosm support on the minimap

Thanks for your ongoing work on making the map (and service) awesome.

At least in Japan, the best map overlay I have found after much testing is https://www.cyclosm.org/. It includes detailed information on speed limits per-road, shows recognised cycling routes and also does a great job at classifying main roads which are prohibited for cycling.

It would be amazing if this could be used for the map display, or a setting could be added to choose which map source to use.

I noticed there was a request over in Feature Request: Mini-Map - #10 by CEscorcio but this was seemingly pre-minimap implementation, so hopefully posting this as a new thread isn’t a no-no.

1 Like

That is a very good map indeed. I use BRouter web client for planning routes and identifying ''Low traffic" routes. OSM is one of the available maps in there.

1 Like

Yep, I found that site today!

I’ve been using “Guru Maps” on iOS which offers cyclOSM for free and in a very nice app UX. THought it would be beneficial to also have it on intervals.icu as I tend to do post-ride checks here to figure out what went wrong in my ad-lib routing :sweat_smile: