Workout builder

thanks

Hmmm, I’m facing similar issues.

Have you had the opportunity to resolve this problem? I would really appreciate seeing the watts in the text descriptor when using MMP. Thanks!

It’s fixed now!

1 Like

Hi all,
I am really enjoying the simplicity and clarity of the tool and am honestly a bit annoyed that I have not found it earlier to structure and analyze my training. Since I am also running a fair bit I was wondering if anyone has found a workaround for how to build running workouts using pace? I understand that this feature is on the to-do list for now but since intervals.icu is targeting more cyclists I also understand that it’s not the main priority as of now. Hence it would be great if anyone has found a way to still use it for the planning of pace or time based running workouts.

Thanks!

Sorry I am not aware of any workarounds. Intervals.icu badly needs a “running update” and that will happen soon I hope.

1 Like

At the moment I plan the running workouts using LTHR% which gives me a rough load estimate.

I know my pace zones for each LTHR zone, and that and is not difficult to memorize when out and about. You can also add the pace to the comment to be shown in your Garmin.

My run workouts are not very elaborate - and in my opinion, they shouldn’t be fo anyone. So if I’m doing 4x VO2 max repeats all I need is the watch to beep and tell me is time to ramp the effort up.

2 Likes

using the LTHR% is a good strategy indeed. also, your idea with the comments is great! I will give this a try.
Thanks

1 Like

Hey @david

Having some issues building repeats am doing the 6x before the line but not getting any repeats. Has the syntax changed at all?

Thanks

@Ryan_Jones I had the same issue with typing in the repeat step but it works using the ‘add step’ button

1 Like

I was able to get it working if it’s the first thing in the workout, but not if I put anything in front of it

I believe you need a space between the “-” and the time interval.

1 Like

exactly.
Some times is works some doesn’t.
But always works when using add step.

I have just fixed this bug (you might need to reload the app to get the new version). As @Calum_Young said it was related to having a space after the “-”. If you did that it was ok. The code to insert that space was buggy.

2 Likes

Thanks David, works great now :slight_smile:

What’s the best way to get a workout onto a Wahoo device? Ideally want to use these for outdoor rides

The forum search function is your friend :grinning:

Not an easy way tho.

Been using this when prescribing all out efforts less than 30s.
Does it make any difference if I also pass an FTP percentage?
It seems like with 100 the trainer resistance becomes impossibly hard (unless you’re spinning super fast and have a low great)
The documentation above only specifies duration for max effort, so I assume there is no way to set it lower.
Don’t understand why they didn’t just implement slope mode instead…

1 Like

Hi David,

First time trying outside Garmin (Fenix 5x) workout but no lucky here.
The following workout has showed avg speed in the center and no pointer at the gauge when both should be related to heart rate.

Warm up

• Press lap 5m 75% LTHR (113bpm)

2x

• 20m 78% LTHR (118bpm)
  • 8m 82% LTHR (124bpm)
  • 4m 85% LTHR (128bpm)

Cooldow

• 5m 75% LTHR (113bpm)

Tks,