[IMPLEMENTED] Push workout to Wahoo

Also:
I posted this on the Karoo board.
Maybe we have a better chance for them to do it, rather than Wahoo, since they are smaller and more receptive.

Please go there and chime in to bump it up in votes.

1 Like

Tx for that. Hammerhead did get back to me a little while ago. I need to create a Training Peaks compatible API to provide workouts and implement OAuth support.

4 Likes

Just checking that you are aware you can export them and manually put them on the Wahoo?

Not a big fan of “manually” - life is busy enough…
But I’m not aware on how to do that? I thought the only way to push a workout to Wahoo was via TP…

In Intervals.icu click on the Workout in your calendar and choose Download, then MRC.

Plug your Wahoo into the computer, there will be a folder on the device calls plans.
Copy the downloaded .MRC file into that folder.

On the Wahoo - go into Settings - Planned Workouts & Choose Sync.
You should then see the Workout in the list.

Once done - just remove the file from the plans folder. Or keep a few favorites on there so you can re-use them etc.

15 Likes

@david have either of you had experience doing this with Xert workouts?

E.g. download .erg.txt file from Xert, import into intervals.icu, then download MRC file and sync to Wahoo as described?

I know the Xert workouts have other metrics involved, just wondering how these translate into the way Wahoo displays ‘workouts’ on page. Essentially, are they usable in this way outdoors?

1 Like

I haven’t used Xert much and don’t have a Wahoo head unit to test this stuff. For Garmin I implemented the “press lap to complete step” feature for outdoors to make outdoor workouts practical.

1 Like

I created a support request with Wahoo asking them how to get workouts onto the Bolt without having to pay a subscription to TP and they submitted a feature request to their devs to be able to sync with Intervals.icu. Anyone else wanting this should do the same :slight_smile:

13 Likes

By the way, it was good that you shared the text you sent, they received the same text from everyone and realized that we were many and that it was a common request, and now what are the steps to which the request was sent. Thanks

1 Like

I get it to work, my advise is that if you need to update a plan you use the notepad++ to create it. You upload to the plan folder and synch them. If all goes well you will find your workout in the list.

Yeah I am creating workouts on Intervals.icu, saving them as MRC files and then uploading to the plans folder on my Wahoo. It works, but it would be much nicer to have the integration with Intervals.icu and not have to manually sync with a USB cable :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It appears that the cloud API has launched? I was able to get to the point of requesting registration with the Cloud API.

Tx for this. I have just registered Intervals.icu. There is a 5-7 day approval process and of course I still need to do the work. I need to finish the “running power” stuff I am busy with … this has morphed into support for pace zones among other things.

2 Likes

It seems the API doesn’t support uploading planned workouts (yet?) only downloading of completed activities.

Also going through the terms of service:

You may not collect, use, store, aggregate or transfer any Wahoo Data in any manner except as expressly permitted by us for the use of your Developer Application, and you agree that at any time Wahoo may request that you remove any collected or stored Wahoo Data and that you will do so promptly, and in all events within forty-eight (48) hours after receiving the request.

So it might be best to continue getting activities from Wahoo via Dropbox.

https://www.wahoofitness.com/wahoo-api-agreement

Hmm, ok. That’s a shame.

Could you explain or link me to the Dropbox method?

To be clear I’m trying to figure out a way of getting workouts from intervals.icu onto my Wahoo without plugging it in to my computer. Cheers! Appreciate all your work!

edit: I have had a quick read around the forum and I can see it would be beneficial to some extent to set up a workflow that gets my activity directly from Wahoo into intervals.icu and bypass Strava. That way, if down the track I am not on Strava anymore, or something happens with the intervals.icu <-> Strava integration, my activities will remain.

Tx. Wahoo has support for uploading activity files to Dropbox and Intervals.icu can download them from Dropbox automatically. Unfortunately this won’t help you get planned workouts onto your device.

I have had another look at the API docs and it might be possible to upload planned workouts as .fit files. I will look at this as soon as I get the chance.

3 Likes

Thanks mate.

This looks promising: Wahoo Fitness API Reference

Create a Workout

Requires the workouts_write scope
Creates a workout for the authenticated user

2 Likes

It doesn’t push but to copy a workout(s) across is very simple. My setup is with a Mac , I can walk you through my MO if you wish.

1 Like

Anyone had much joy with the Wahoo API?

I just got my request approved so can start playing.

I’ve got through the authentication steps and pulled user and workout data through the GET ‘/v1/user’ and ‘/v1/workouts’ endpoints but not tried to create a new workout yet.

Are we sure the workouts_read scope will create a planned workout and not just upload a workout?

N.B. The only options I see from the wahoo mobile app to add planned workouts are ‘Training Peaks’, ‘TrainerRoad’ and ‘Today’s plan’.

I am going to look at uploading workouts soon. Intervals.icu has also been approved. It looks like you can upload workouts in .fit files so I will need to implement that first.

But please play and let me know if you can get something to work!

2 Likes