Workout Builder for swim/run distance based

Hi David!

I really like the workout builder function, but I am missing the ability to plan for distance and/with pace (Garmin workout planner can do this)

(this is just an example)

I am really hoping you would implement this. I have only started using intervals.icu a few days ago, but I am loving it!

7 Likes

I second that! This is one of the main things why I canā€™t recommend Intervals to my fellow triathletes. One has to know the paces and compute each intervalā€™s duration

2 Likes

Tx. Target by pace is on the todo list. There are a lot of running related things missing from Intervals.icu. I have a dodgy knee and canā€™t run at all which is the root cause of this issue.

5 Likes

Thank you. If you need help regarding the ā€œtechnical details of runningā€ I am happy to help!

1 Like

is there a github repo? Iā€™d take a stab at it, iā€™ve also been looking for pace targets in the workout builder.

Not yet. The code would require quite a bit of cleanup first :slight_smile: Intervals.icu is also somewhat complicated to run. You need Postgresql, Apache Cassandra, Google cloud storage a/c, Backblaze storage a/c. This bit of work requires client side and server side changes.

1 Like

Yes please! Is there a workaround to this, in the meantime? Iā€™m trying to find how to build workouts using the ā€œend when lap button pressedā€ feature.

This may require a new post, but would also be nice to build workouts by zones.

There isnā€™t a workaround yet, but ā€œend when lap button pressedā€ is supported:

2 Likes

I think Iā€™ve got the ā€˜lap buttonā€™ workaround figured out. I just made lap times a little long, and will press the lap button when I finish each mile (roughly 1 mile loops in this example, that I run in about 10-11 minutes so I programmed 12 minutes), and drink/recovery (typically 10-15 seconds so I programmed 20 seconds). Will test it later today! Otherwise, will appreciate any suggestions until then.

3 Likes

Distance based workouts are now supported: Distanced based workouts supported

2 Likes

U R the GOATā€¦ i think intervals is the absolute perfect platform for training. thx for your everytime fast support

1 Like