Virtual cycling apps

Today I did a 60 min Zone 1 workout in IcTrainer.
I downloaded a route with video and music.
The video had a real ride feel and done in SIM mode you get the real feel of ascents and descents and including a few bumps in the road and rain on the route I chose :grinning:
I have to say, after trialing BigRingVR and Fulgaz I will carry on using IcTrainer.
The app has a wealth of functions to suite everyone including its own workout creator.
You can also download your own GPX routes and ride those again indoors.
Fantastic value for money at €23 per year!

3 Likes

I’m new here, but over summer I used One lap £4.26 a month, worked fine, good workouts, no one else on it, but it works ok, tried my whoosh, but it just won’t work too well on my ageing laptop, Zwift now, I get my moneys worth, wish we could send workouts from Intervals icu to zwift like training peaks.

1 Like

Looks like a fairly good app. I have gone with IcTrainer as it has several functions I like. Real ride videos or choice of using Youtube, workouts. use of GPX files from my own outdoor rides. I’m pleased with it so far. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ll have to give this a try too. I hardly use Zwift, and for that it’s too expensive. How’s the Intervals Integration wiTH IcTrainer?

1 Like

Excellent integration with all the major training apps. I can’t fault the app.
Tomorrow I will be doing a 4X8 interval session. I’ll be able to open Youtube and watch something or listen to music or just follow the workout. You can download Endurance or Climbing ride videos and choose either SIM or ERG mode, at the same time as watching the ride video or GPX route.

2 Likes