Today Ride Fatigued?

My "per hour " includes the 700ml of 4% (30g CHO) and the 300ml plain water + 42g solid food that is roughly 25g CHO, 10g fat, 7g protein. That provides ~55g CHO plus some fat and protein (per hour) for the long days (upwards of 10 hours).

There are certain times when I stick with 70g CHO (dextrose) in 1 litre of water per hour for simplicity (long swims) or if I need to empty the stomach a bit, or for an hour on the bike after finishing a long swim when heart rate is elevated.

Does that clarify things?

2 Likes

Yes @Howie and thanks for sharing! I was not trying to be rude, sorry if you felt that

3 Likes

Not in the least. I’m super glad that you asked for clarification. :hugs:

1 Like

TBH, even after reading all you wrote, can you tell exactly what you’re using for the 28g dextrose and such?

I get the 2g salt and the 1/4 lemon. And what’s a 4% solution?

where can i find this “dextrose” solution?
Google give me these IV solutions (Intravenous sugar solution - Wikipedia

Why don’t you just put sugar in the bottle? Regular sugar is composed by glicose and frutose, that’s what I normally do

Because I don’t want the fructose. It’s really difficult to digest when not within single pieces of fruit. It causes huge metabolic disturbances throughout the body when not eaten as single pieces of fruit. (Search Peter Attia’s website and have a listen/read.) And sucrose is a disaccharide which means the ratio is completely wrong if you want to use both glucose and fructose.

2 Likes

Just purchase powdered dextrose in bulk.
This one is from grapes, ESN Dextrose | Traubenzucker - esn.com

2 Likes

I usually don’t trust Peter Attia with Nutrition. I prefer to follow another guys with their bakground study in that particular subject

I use normal sugar in my longer rides with efforts and I feel invencible. Give it a try at least

If sugar, why not Honey? Just wondering. I jusst use ORS

That’s why I found his conversations with people whose focus is the study of the effects of fructose so engaging. TBH, I was shocked by much of what I learned (and I’ve been in the nutrition, fitness and wellness space for some time).

1 Like

Never tried honey in the water but I like the flavor of water+sugar

I will give them a try then!

1 Like
1 Like

I did complete my 1st race event last Saturday, id like to thank everyone who has helped this newbie 50 yr old with advices. I was feeling a bit sick for the ride but managed to complete the distance!!!

5 Likes

AWESOME DUDE, WELL DONE! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Gracias Xavier

1 Like