Steps and respiration now supported

There is now built in support for steps and respiration rate.

Steps can be updated automatically from Garmin, Coros and Oura. Respiration from Polar and Oura. Just click the wellness options in the relevant box in /settings:

Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 14.15.06

You can also add them to the wellness dialog and capture manually. Click “Fields”:

To enable them on the calendar page click Options → Wellness.

They can both be plotted on the /fitness page.

20 Likes

It’s amazing! Thank you, David! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Nice work!

2 Likes

hi, is there any chance you add Garmi EPOC in similar way? I have it on my activity, use a fitness graph and it works but can’t make it work to show on a calendar view.
Ideally would be to se it next to load (I plan by load, but after a workout epoc is often much doffrent so it would be nice to view)
cheerz

2 Likes

You should be able to display it on the calendar using Options → Fitness if you have it on a fitness chart.

Any reason respiration can’t be taken from Garmin data? It’s available on the device itself

1 Like

David, as per usual, another great edition. Any chance you can also pull the steps data from Apple health too? I work in warehousing & I’m constantly on the move & carrying. It would be so useful to tag this workload to give a better overview of overall load & fatigue. Thanks, for all you do.

1 Like

I will contact the developer of HealthFit and ask him to add steps to his integration.

It wasn’t super obvious where to get it. I basically did the ones that were “easy”. Would it make sense to average all the timeOffsetSleepRespiration numbers?

{
  "sleeps": [
    {
      "calendarDate": "2020-11-07",
      "durationInSeconds": 29160,
      "timeOffsetSleepRespiration": {
        "60": 14.25,
        "120": 13.8,
        "180": 13.49,
        "240": 13.18,
        "300": 13.5,
        "360": 13.83,
        "420": 13.51,
        "480": 14.65,

I guess it would.
I think there’s daytime respiration data, too?
What kind of numbers are you taking from Oura and Polar? Sleep-time only?
Anyway, I would replicate whatever Oura and Polar are giving you.

Amazing! works great and even found a way to displa a weekly summary on a top bar! :grinning: big thanks

1 Like

Yes sleeping respiration rate.

Then I’d say the average from the hourly values would be just fine!

Can anyone think of a way to derive non-activity Steps from daily Steps and data that gets synched with Garmin FIT files?

Or would that require full 24hr Steps series to be synched and then exclude activity Steps based on activity start and end times?

Just thinking of how to make Steps a more useful proxy for non-activity load estimation.

Edit: (Why?) For high-volume competitive athletes with sedentary or no day jobs, this is a non-issue as ad lib activity would be a small fraction of formal training volume (recorded activities)… but for novice and amateur folks with physically demanding day jobs, it can indeed be a significant factor.

2 Likes

Hi, would it also be possible to add step data from Google Fit?

BreakAway supports Apple Health and is pulling all the relevant data and pushing it int Intervals.icu

1 Like

Unfortunately not. Access to that data requires a Google scope (permission) that Intervals.icu does not have. I have just finished a time consuming security review and if I ask for a new scope the whole process restarts :frowning:

Intervals.icu passed but it could have ended in having to pay $15k - $75k for an external security audit. I don’t want to risk that.

4 Likes

Makes sense.

How about Fitbit-sourced data?

Google bought Fitbit though it seems the Fitbit API site is still up somehow. I might do that at some point but of course the worry is that Google are likely to shut it down.

:+1: Thanks David

Hi,
I couldn’t find data about respiration for the Garmin.

Thank you