Recent issue syncing

I use a Wahoo, I auto upload to Training Peaks, in training peaks I export the file, go to gamin connect web page and upload the :fit file, but after that don´t get the file in intervals.icu :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Ask as many questions as you like!

Strava API access comes with all sorts of conditions e.g. I cannot allow access to data that came from Strava via the Intervals.icu API. Also they can revoke access at any time and I have to delete all data from Strava. They have also stopped granting rate limit increases which effectively caps the number of Strava users Intervals.icu can have.

Also there is info in the .fit files that is not provided by Strava via their API (e.g. L/R balance, HRV etc.). Also some people might not want their power and HR data on Strava.

And yes a lot of people don’t want to have to use Strava to use Intervals.icu.

In my opinion it is to start uploading from Dropbox, and stop being dependent on everyone else, because honestly everyone together is worth nothing, it’s just shit, only profits come forward, it’s sending everything and everyone the shit

As in, connect Intervals directly to TR instead of TR → Garmin → Intervals, so it’s just TR → Intervals, I’m guessing you’d have to work with TR to achieve that?

1 Like

Yes I would need to chat to them. I am going to do Dropbox asap because that will work right away and also help Wahoo users.

4 Likes

Appreciate the response David. Strava is heinous fuckery. I will eagerly await any integration you can pull off with dropbox, and thanks for all of the hard work. I have only been using intervals for a month maybe and still getting an understanding of it but it is a very nice tool and I am grateful for your efforts at creating and supporting it!

It’s a weird one. To be honest I was surprised my Zwift rides were coming in via garmin to start with. In final surge I’m connected to both garmin and Strava as rides go from Zwift to both Strava and garmin but only the Strava ones makes it through to final surge. It looks like garmin have applied the same 3rd party push block here now as well.

Thank you! It worked!

1 Like

You don’t need to unzip anymore. Intervals.icu now supports upload of zip files. It will process all the fit and gpx files found in the zip.

2 Likes

Brilliant, thanks David. Just a thought, not sure if the data is there but can you get the activity title from the .fit file? I noticed my TR → GC activity has the title but when I uploaded the .fit from TR (via Dropbox) it just says ‘Lunch Ride’

Unfortunately not. I only get the raw fit file from Garmin Connect and that does not contain the activity name. So you have to edit that afterwords in Intervals.icu.

The “Lunch Ride” is generated by Intervals.icu.

Just curious if something changed? My ride auto uploaded from garmin connect today.

Was if from a Garmin head unit? That still works. Its rides from 3rd parties (Zwift, TrainerRoad) that have stopped coming through.

Yes it was from a garmin head unit. Sorry for getting hopes up!

1 Like

I am getting the same thing. I have TR synced and connect synced, but have the same issue with TR rides not syncing.

Yes unfortunately Garmin no longer sends 3rd party files to apps like Intervals.icu. I have just added Dropbox support (see /settings page) so if you can get TR to push there you can download from the same folder to Intervals.icu.

2 Likes

Because i had 2 activities last week (Wednesday and Sunday)that did not sync, If i try to manual upload a file i get this message “Uploading 1/1 2021-04-04_CiclismoEn.fit: No session start_time found”

This is a file from TrainiingPeaks

Could you please mail that to david@intervals.icu and I should be able to fix things. Tx.

I have a workout from Zwift uploaded to GC, which not sync. What’s the best possibility for sync. Zwift don’t support dropbox. Can I rewoke Strava ?

Yes enabling Strava will work. I am currently researching other ways to do this.