Recent issue syncing

My workouts from garmin not syncing either. FYI

That is the expected behaviour. Intervals.icu doesnā€™t go far ahead to avoid cluttering your device with loads of workouts.

I also got an error message when uploading a gpx file yesterday, thought it was just me. I uploaded a fit file just fine though.

Oops. Sorry about that. Fixed.

Just tried again, got a ā€œactivity_6530200887.gpx: No points foundā€

I can let you have the file if that will help?

Yes tx. Please mail it to david@intervals.icu.

Actually I downloaded the .gpx a few times, thereā€™s no data in the file, just a bit of metadata and the activity title. I downloaded the .tcx and that has all the data. Looks like this is a Garmin issue? Iā€™ll email you both files just to be sure. Thanks for looking into it.

Downloaded the .fit and that imported correctly into Intervals

I checked the gpx file that didnā€™t work for me and it was same situation. 1kb file with basically nothing in it.

I just poked around in garmin connect a bit and it looks like the trainer road workouts Iā€™ve done recently result in gpx files that have no data, but the real world rides Iā€™ve done produce gpx files with data.
Not sure if everyone who is having problems is having them with TR workouts like me?

If you try the ā€˜Export Originalā€™ from Garmin that will download a .zip file. Unzip that and youā€™ll have the .fit export that works in Intervals

Thanks, I did it that way too. Just now trying to help David figure out what could be messing with the auto sync of files. I donā€™t really love the idea of having to export unzip and upload every workout :slight_smile:

It seems that this might be an intentional change by Garmin. My activities are working because they are recorded on a Garmin device and uploaded using the Garmin Connect app. I had a look at @Theo_Bromineā€™s data and his missing activities are from Zwift and @Justin_Hopkins has missing rides from Trainer Road.

I found this on a Garmin developer support forum:

Fri, 04/02/2021 - 10:48 ā€œActivity File 3rd party upload file updateā€ - Disappointed
We and the users are really disappointed about this change. Please consider to reenable the sync of third party activities again.

I also found this: Data from My Garmin Connect Account Is No Longer Syncing over to My Third-Party App | Garmin Support

NOTE: Garmin Connect will not forward data that has been received from one third-party fitness website on to another third-party website that is also linked to your Garmin Connect account. This aligns with the policies of other third-party services and helps to prevent duplicate data from occurring across accounts.

I am going to investigate other ways of getting activities maybe via DropBox. But this is a real pain.

Super big pain, sorry David!
So I could use Strava to have the TR info sent to intervals? Will that result in duplicate info when I ride outside and my garmin head unit records and distributes to garmin who then distributes to intervals and strava who sends another to intervals?
That got weird at the end, hope it makes sense what Iā€™m asking!
Also, fit files are not as good as gpx files?

Yes you can use Strava as well as Garmin. Intervals.icu favours activities from Garmin and deletes duplicates from Strava.

I think .fit files are the best, thats what the device records so everything is in there.

Thanks David

Danm, mine are also from TR. Iā€™m guessing the costs are huge if you want to become a partner to third-party sites?

I think its a Garmin policy thing, I am not aware of any thing I could spend money on to get the files.

TrainerRoad supports Dropbox upload so you will be able to use that as soon as I get Dropbox done in Intervals.icu. And that is top of the todo list and its a long weekend so with any luck ā€¦

Since I am so uneducated with techā€¦ if strava is already a solution why would you be trying to sort dropbox connection? Just so folks donā€™t have to deal with strava account, or is there something more Iā€™m missing? After this question I promise Iā€™ll stop wasting your time and energy :laughing: