Recent issue syncing

Working perfectly David, thanks for doing that. Also, do you have permissions to delete the file after uploading to stop the files from building up on Dropbox?

Currently Intervals.icu only asks for write access if you want to upload to Dropbox (not deployed yet). I am not keen to build “delete after download” functionality … very dangerous … the smallest bug with that …

Hi David,

I have recently signed up and trying to get my historical Garmin connect data into Intervals.icu. I have tried setting the ‘download activities from’ date to both the last week and 1 year ago, and neither option successfully syncs any past activities. I have also tried disconnecting and reconnecting. Past activities are from my Garmin devices so I don’t think they should be running into any problem with the 3rd party app restriction.

New activities are successfully syncing through.

Thanks!

I can see the backfill calls in the log. Garmin is rejecting them as duplicates “duplicate backfill processed at 2021-06-02T05:29:52Z” which does imply that one was done before so I don’t know why you don’t have activities in your history. I don’t know how long they “remember” those backfill calls for.

I did some googling at it seems you can request all of your data from Garmin: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/account/datamanagement/

Your request will be submitted and a download link will be emailed to you. Links typically are sent in 48 hours but can take up to 30 days.

If that works you can bulk upload the .fit files to intervals.icu. If you try that please post some details of what they send you. I could do an option to process the download link directly from Intervals.icu.

Thanks for looking into it! I had tried that also after the sync failed. The zip file they provided contains (amongst many things) 3 zip files containing all of the historical fit files. I have tried uploading one of these bulk zip files but this also failed.

Is there a way I can get the data export download link to you for analysis? I’d rather not post it in a public forum.

Sure. Just mail me: david@intervals.icu.

The zip is probably too big to upload.