New: icTrainer is an affordable alternative to Rouvy, Zwift & Co

The startup icTrainer.com from Germany allows you to control your indoor ergometer (e.g. bike, rowing, kayak, swimming, etc.) and upload the data to intervals.icu after the workout.

During the workout, various performance details can be viewed, real streetviews or GPX tracks can be used, or Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube, etc. can be streamed. Just Train - No game! :wink:

The software runs on PC, Mac and tablets and is free to try for one month. An annual subscription costs an affordable $1.33 per month.

Try it out…

…or post your questions here :wink:

4 Likes

Downloaded to my iPhone via the iOS button to have a look but it’s virtual impossible to read the detail as the size of the font is way too small.
Fluoro green buttons over white font is not easy to decipher either, at least for me :woozy_face:

Probably lot easier on a laptop but I don’t have one at the moment. Need to sort the user interface on the phone before I would subscribe.

Concept looks very interesting though and if I could read it that be great.

1 Like

Hi Steven,
thanks for the download.
You are completely right that the software is currently still very difficult to use on the smartphone (and overall still has a lot of potential).
But there are constant optimizations and it will improve a lot in the coming months.
By the way, attached you will find a quick start guide: https://ictrainer.de/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Quickstart-Guide_en.pdf
Best,
Nicolas

Looks very similar to what GoldenCheetah has for free.

1 Like

Hello Snoopy,

it´s certainly a great software, too.
I am unfortunately not a GoldenCheetah expert, but to my knowledge, there is no possibility to…
…use Android tablets
…use two parallel users/ergometers
…use with cadence controlled music
…create own workouts
…use without internet connection
…use with an integrated browser for parallel use of netflix, youtube & co.
…cycling, rowing, etc. predefined video-routes

Best,
Nicolas

1 Like

and it is possible that we see in the application our training plan of intervals.icu? in the same way as TP

Hello David,

of course you can import workouts (e.g. ERG-files) from your intervals.icu trainingplan as well as from your TrainingPeaks trainingplan to ictrainer.com automatically (up to 10 days at a time, if you want to move the training-of-the-day) to control your indoor trainer.

Hey!

Can you explain how to connect intervals.icu to load the planned workouts? I know how to do it with Trainingpeaks but not how to connect with intervals.

Thanks alot
Sebastian

Hello again,

I just found out that it helps to restart the ictrainer app after selecting intervals.icu. Then the name of the button changes from trainingpeaks to intervals and the connection window opens.

1 Like

Hi Sebastian, there was an issue if you have activate TrainingPeaks before and change then to Intervals.icu. This is fixed in the upcoming version 1.1.25. But you bypass this problem with your approach, so it’s fine in your case yet. Best regards, Philipp

1 Like

I cannot open the link

https://www.ictrainer.com

Works this one: https://ictrainer.de/en/ ?

1 Like

I’m curious about the cost of the club option, as I am coaching at club level.Currently have 8 cyclists, with the option for another 5-6 later this year.

That doesn’t work for me. Also doesn’t allow MRC or ERG formats to be used, only ZWO. But then nothing happens when the trainer is in use.

Hello Gerald,

we are support ERG / MRC / ZWO / etc. of course.
Please have a look at my screenshot:

Do you activate your rider-setup and download an excerciese?
Please have a look to our Quickstart-Guide:
https://ictrainer.de/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Quickstart-Guide_en.pdf

I hope, i could help you…

I will send you a special club offer via private message in the next days…

1 Like

Do the setting like hr zones, power zones, ftp also update with the link between intervals.icu and ictrainer?

Im a garmin user, and im trying to avoid having to update too many tools when zones/ftp is updated, but the platform seems great, which is why my question.

1 Like

Hi Nicolino. I tried your App on a Samsung Tablet A7 with a Elite Direto smart trainer. It was a failure.

• I coud not import ERG nor MRC workout from interval (error)
  • I imported from interval the ZWO but power target were all 0.00
  • App did not control the trainer (I tried with available work out). Data were read by the app (power, cadence and also bpm from a Polar verity) but no control of the trainer.
  • I could not sync with interval because the UI does not allow me to tap on the buttons (overlap with other items and no way to scroll)

Perhaps it works on Iphone / IPad / PC, but in this moment to me is a no-go. The most valuable point for me is the “it just works” result and this is not the case.

Hope it will improve

1 Like

Hello Alessandro,

thank you very much for your feedback!

Could you please send me your ERG and ZWO workouts from the intervals via PM? We would love to check where the problem is.

You can also send me a screenshot of the overlapping buttons. So far we are not aware of any problems on tablets. However, you can also change the resolution using the zoom buttons (+/-) at the bottom left.

The problem with the trainer control sounds to me as if another device (e.g. clock, speedometer, etc.) is connected in parallel and therefore the control is not accepted…

Sporty greetings
Nicolas

1 Like