New: icTrainer is an affordable alternative to Rouvy, Zwift & Co

The new video tutorial about the connection between ictrainer and intervals.icu is online: 6.f) icTrainer-Tutorial: Interaction with Intervals.icu - YouTube

2 Likes

Since you can ride virtually with the speed and power provided by the training table, can you run virtually with the power and speed provided by the stryd?

As of today, only biking-, rowing-, kayaking and swim-ergometer are possibleā€¦
ā€¦but other sports will follow.

1 Like

Iā€™ve started to test icTrainer today. For the start, it worked flawlessly with i.icu, displaying the planned workout for today on the ā€œfront pageā€, run it without anything remarkable (thatā€™s good;-), and it uploaded to Strava and also directly to i.icu without problem.
Thus, functionality is good.

I would like a bit of customization for the workout visualization itself, e.g., thicker lines in the power/cadence/HR plot, predefined ranges for the display, a.s.f.
Is there any good place to learn if this can already be done or where these kind of feature requests can be made?

3 Likes

A good source to learn is their youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@ictrainer-comindoor-cyclin8607/videos

Furthermore, a good source for new features in their software is their newsletterā€¦

2 Likes

Does it have the facility to Power Match using a power meter on the bike?

Yes, you have the option to use a power meter for the software-powermatch.
However, some trainers also offer this on the hardware side.
Furthermore, you can also create two user profiles in parallelā€¦ one with the power values from the trainer and one with the power values from the powermeter - to see the differences / if it makes sense at all.

2 Likes

Thanks, yes it does

Agree with many, looks unusable on Android tablet/phone. Since I donā€™t use notebook, and desktop is no Ant/BT capableā€¦

It is true that the software is recommended for dipslay resolutions greater than 10".
For smaller devices, a screen mirroring on a larger monitor makes sense.
Or an older desktop can also be easily expanded for 10 USD with a BLE-dongle.

1 Like

Following up on my own post

• I am happy with icTrainer ā€“ works flawlessly for me and integrates well with i.icu
  • the developer is very responsive both to request through their websites contact form as well as on a recently started thread in a German road cycling forum
1 Like

So it seems I need Bluetooth capability on my computer in order to connect my Assioma power meter? I could connect my HR monitor via Ant+ but not my Power meter? My computer doesnā€™t support Bluetooth.
Am I missing something or can I not connect my power meter via Ant+ ?

It is true that the software basically connects all hardware (such as trainers, powermeter, heartrate, etc.) only via bluetooth.
Heartrate chest straps can be connected as an exception with ANT + on PC & Mac.
For 10 USD, there are also small bluetooth USB dongles that make older computers bluetooth-enabled.
If your trainer supports ANT+ and powermatch you can try this, alsoā€¦

1 Like

I have an Ant+ dongle alright which connects my HR and PM to Golden Cheetah.
Iā€™ll look into a BT dongle.
My trainer isnā€™t a smart trainer, just a direct drive. I get power from the pedals.
I just want to see what the interface is like compared to GC for workouts. Thanksā€¦

All-In:

Real Roads:

3 Likes

Thanks! Wasnā€™t expecting screenshots but thank you for providing.
I ordered the Bluetooth dongle immediately after reading your last message. ā‚¬5.50 delivered :rofl:. Hope it works.
The screenshots look exactly like what I want, coupled with the TP and Intervals.icu integration.
Looking forward to giving this a whirl when the dongle arrives.

Yeah, i get it, but iā€™ve run away from desktop/notebook devices in home long time ago :).

Will give it a try if I get some Android device connected to my TV.

1 Like

Bluetooth dongle arrived and I have power connected to this app now
I completed a short test workout (just a few minutes easy pedalling). I was prompted to grant access to TP and Intervals.icu which I did and the test file was uploaded.
But Iā€™m not getting any sync the other way. I canā€™t find any tab that shows my planned workouts that I have upcoming in intervals.
How do I find those? Iā€™ve watched the instruction video but Iā€™m not getting what Phillip on that video is getting

Itā€™s great that your connection worked!

If you are using two different training platforms, icTrainer does not know which workout should be displayed on the start page as the workout of the day.
If you click on the calendar icon, you can select where the workout of the day should be downloaded from:

grafik

1 Like

Brilliant! I will check this out later. Thanks a million

1 Like