Localisation of Intervals.icu

I can help with spanish

Absolutely but tons of respect for both

1 Like

One of the last changes I made in nl.json was:
“Fields”: “Kolommen” because it looked more appropriate on the Activity Intervaldata page.
Turns out that this translation string is also used on the Wellness data entry page and there it is responsible for a text overflow of the “OK” button in the mobile version and “Fields”: “Velden” is a more correct translation.
@david Can you replace “Fields”: “Kolommen” by “Fields”: “Velden” in nl.json?
Haven’t seen any other problems yet.

Done. Tx.

Boas se for preciso alguma ajuda podes contar comigo :wink:

1 Like

I have checked the es.json file. There are probably things wrongly translated, but I think I have improved the translations a bit.

In other cases, there is a lack of context to know if the translation is correct or not, but I think that if we look at the translations on the web we can find bad translations. I want to thank you for developing this fantastic application.

Greetings

1 Like

Tx! Spanish is live for everyone now.

1 Like

Hi,
I would like to convert the moving time to time format, how can i do it?

I am not quite sure what you mean? Could you post an example? Tx.

i got, check it
excel formula

=CONCATENATE(TEXT(INT(A2)/86400,“hh:mm:ss”),".",A2-(INT(A2/1000)*1000))

my ideia is make excel sheet about the maintenance of bike, but intervals.icu do not show what bike I used, maybe we can filter it using another field or put a name on activities.

Aha. I have “gear” on the todo list.

1 Like

Hi, I can probably help with Hungarian translation

Tx. There is someone working on Hungarian already and they aren’t using pull requests and so on, just sending me files. That makes it tricky for both of you to work. When they are “done” I can ping you and you can make additional changes?

Hi again @david , sorry for the late answer: yes, that might work. I think I know the guys doing it, I assume that they are same team who recently announced a “Plandurance360” launch, isn’t it? :wink:

I’ve already downloaded and started to use the Hungarian JSON. I think the Hungarian translator made a great work from language point of view, but I assume she is not a frequent user of Intervals, if at all.

There seems to be a number of non-translation issues that are visible only if you actually load the file into the webUI:

• action buttons disappearing due to text overflow, e.g., the “share” icon disappers from the activity view when I use Hungarian (due to text overflow)
  • English is an isolating language: i.e., the grammar is mostly expressed via the order of word in the sentences. E.g., lot of English word have identical form within different grammatical roles of them, like “having” can be either the gerund form (e.g., “having a training goal is good”), or the continuous present tense form (I am having a goal");
    then the form “have” can be either a second person singular present tense (“You have a goal”), or it can be the imperative form (“Just have it!”), etc.
    Hungarian, on the other hand, is an agglutinating language: the grammatical meaning of a word is often times determined by suffixes added to the word, but the order of words within a sentence is quite flexible. The word order in Hungarian is often times defines subtle, but distinct semantic meaning, or emotional flavors.

As a consequence: the same English word-form has to be translated into multiple foreign language alternatives depending on context. I guess the solution is to have multiple, context-aware keys in the JSON file, which might resolve to identical text values in the English JSON, but resolve to different text values in Hungarian JSON

I think this problem is not Hungarian specific, but rather linguistic: the logic of agglutinating languages differs from the logic of isolating languages.

Yes, I can send you PR-s on Github eventually. I am also willing to help the current translator to do PR-s on her behalf to make life simpler for you.

1 Like

Tx. It would be great if you could work with them and PR’s would certainly make things easier. Its always a problem finding space. It seems most other languages have longer words than at the ones I have chosen from English for Intervals.icu.

@david: how do you want us to report overflow problems, like disappearing icons? Do you want an issue created in GitHub on the localisation repo, or?

You just email me (david@intervals.icu) or post here or create an issue, whichever is easier for you. If you can find a shorter word that would be easiest. Always tricky to make space.

Hi @david, is there a way to (quickly) find a given JSON key-value on the webinterface? Often times checking the context of the key-value pair to translate would be important in order to be able to choose the right translation-alternative.

Problematic key, like like: “60d Moving Avg”
Is that text’s meaning:

1. “Average of daily movements of 60 days”, or
  2. “A moving average of some value” (then which value?)

Although it does make graphing data far more exciting as an activity.

1 Like