Localisation of Intervals.icu

This is finally live. All languages other than English have been flagged as “under development” which means you need to tick a box at the bottom of the /settings page to use them:

This will add additional languages to the new “Language” setting at the top of the page:

You can see changes you make to a language file by dragging and dropping it on the target in the dev area or by clicking there and selecting it. The currently active language will be updated. Reloading the page will revert.

In many cases translated labels are much longer than the original English and overflow on the screen. Please try to make translated text similar length to the English original. Where this isn’t possible I will need to do some work to make more space.

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 21.34.33

Sometimes it is a bit more subtle than “won’t fit”. In this example the Portuguese labels for the checkboxes are wrapping onto a second line causing the options box to be very long.

If you are not a developer and not familiar with Github you can still help. You can navigate to the file for your language in the project (GitHub - davidtinker/intervals-i18n: Localisation files for Intervals.icu) without having to create an account. Click “Raw” and save the file from the browser. Note that you need to use an editor that understands UTF8 and JSON to edit the files. You can’t do this in Microsoft Word. Test changes by uploading to Intervals.icu and mail me the file when done.

When a translation is “finished” (good text, doesn’t look too terrible in the app) I will enable that language for everyone.

Thanks everyone for all the help!

(I will be adding the “server side” soon, email templates and so on)

btw found some similar strings, if you want to clean the code a little bit

other
“Sleep score” “Sleep Score”

other
“Support Intervals icu!”:
“Support Intervals_icu!”:
“Supports Intervals_icu!”:

Bug:
Missing two string to translate: (Him and he)

Very good job pushing this feature, this look amazing and slick.

1 Like

+1 for “Du”

1 Like

i can help with russian :slight_smile:

I had some time to look into translation file. I found that sometimes the italian translation results in a non-sense, because of my poor understanding of the original meaning.
For example, existing italian translation has no sense here:
“Heart rate recovery starting HR”: “Frequenza cardiaca iniziale di recupero della frequenza cardiaca”.

the original is the startin value for HR before the recovery?

I also ignore the meaning of some acronym : HR is clear, but LTHR? or FTP stands for?

I would think that a lot of the acronyms (e.g. FTP) are probably used as is by Italian athletes and can probably stay but as an English speaker I don’t know that for certain.

1 Like

Tx. I have added ru.json.

amended the translation, shortened abbreviations, etc.

Thanks. If you can send me the file or create a PR I will add it in.

Verry Cool, Benjamin. In case you need help, please give me a message.

Peter

1 Like

Italian is live now! Tx very much to @ibrusett !

1 Like

I’m also happy to help with Dutch translations.

Happy to help with Spanish

I’m also happy to help with Spanish

Tx @Persyn @Mario_G and @Anton_Vazquez_Camino . If you know how to use Github then just send me a PR. Otherwise download nl.json or es.json, edit in a text editor that understands UTF-8, upload to check your edits in place and then mail the file to me. Its better if two people don’t try edit the same language at the same time with this method.

I just finished and uploaded nl.json (BelgianDutch/Flemish) to @david 's mailbox.
Please review and comment as needed.

Tx very much @MedTechCD, Nederlands is now live for everyone!

If you need help with spanish, I would be avaliable for do any work.

Been in holiday for two weeks, going to finish Portuguese version next week.

1 Like

So Wout 1st MVDP 2nd :slight_smile:

1 Like