Intervals.icu News 2024-10-16

Ok, it has been more than a week since the last news update. Things has been busy! I am working on route weather for outdoor activities and integration with a major indoor cycling platform.

• Biketerra now integrates with Intervals.icu (downloading planned workouts and uploading completed activities). Biketerra is a web-based 3D indoor cycling app that lets you ride any real-world routes
  • The binary client/server protocol has been live for everyone for several weeks now greatly improving performance
  • Switched to tab navigation on the activity detail page with support for custom tabs
  • Added totals and averages for columns to the activity list view and activity comparison pages
  • Added screenshot button (camera icon) to most pages to easily create screenshots of activities, fitness charts etc. without user interface elements (buttons etc.)
  • Segment selector now favours starred segments
  • Fixed axis min and max now works on activity heatmap charts
  • Empty buckets are no longer removed from histogram charts with fixed min and max axis
  • Fixed bug with zones on activity histogram charts sometimes covering the bars
  • Added optional bounds and bounds only parameters to API activity map endpoint
  • The list events API endpoint now returns the next week if no dates are supplied and can filter by category (e.g. only planned workouts)
  • Heart rate based workouts encoded in activity files by Garmin devices are now extracted properly. Garmin encodes them incorrectly and I had to code a workaround
  • Fixed bug introduced with the binary protocol that prevented athletes from downloading attachments on planned workouts
  • Date of birth can now be cleared
  • Fixed bug with numeric custom fields that are zero from showing up as ? in the app
  • Added ride eFTP duration and average power to the activity list columns
  • Added activity streams list to activity list columns
  • Added 7 days to the date range picker
  • Added weekly min, monthly min and min (days) aggregates to fitness plots. So you can now plot the minimum values for things on the /fitness page
  • The activity compare page now only includes selected intervals in progress charts if any have been selected
  • Fixed several time/duration i18n issues

Previous news update:

68 Likes

I’m always stunned how much effort you’re putting in it. Thank you @david !

3 Likes

Amazing work @david :raised_hands:

1 Like

These are insanely rapid updates. Amazing stuff

2 Likes

First of all, congratulate you for all the work you have done improving and adding functionalities to the application, every day that passes it becomes much more complete and with nothing to envy to other apps on the market.

I can see the work you have done and the effort you are dedicating when you are full time with this project, the functionalities and improvements are great.

I would like you to take into account if possible to add a new type of activity, (rope jumping), since it does not exist in the list of activities and that the application can read the number of rounds and reps that are contained in the garmin .fit file.

In Garmin Web and mobile app, I can see this information, but here only the cardiac information is recorded and showed

I think that this addition would make the application more great by opening up a range of new activities that can be registered, perhaps bringing more users to it.

Trying it out now… I like the ability to ride custom routes, which Rouvy use to offer, then stopped it.

1 Like

Looks like just upload a route and ride it. Quite a few apps already does this no?

With integration from Intervals; it shows today’s workout, plusthe next two (tomorrow and Saturday).
It’s there, no integration, downloading, etc. Upload afterwards to Intervals and Strava.
Upload a route is a paid feature($5/mo).

1 Like

Will have a play this weekend but looks like you get one free route which you can change 4 times a month

2 Likes

I see the uploaded route is private, which is okay if remains there, and another can be added in the new month.

It’s helpful for me, as coach to athletes that want to train on specific course. The intervals can then take place on the specific hills and not at regular time intervals.

David,
Congratulations on the excellent work you’ve done.
Without a doubt, Intervals is a tool with a bright future.
Thank you for all your hard work!

P.S. - Is it orange?

1 Like

Nice progress! :slight_smile:

Could we please get the option to create a (vector) PDF instead of a pixmap file?

Unfortunately the library I am using to generate the PNG doesn’t support PDF.