Intervals.icu News 2024-09-13

This is the first of what will hopefully be weekly updates. First of all I am now working full time on Intervals.icu so expect a lot more functionality in future!

My focus this week has been on improving performance and scalability of the platform. Intervals.icu now has a new binary protocol that reduces the amount of data that needs to be sent from the server to the browser, greatly improving performance. If you would like to help test this have a look at this forum post.

The new protocol will be enabled for everyone after some more testing (and bug fixes).

Other changes:

• Added app version number on the /settings page near the bottom. Intervals.icu should update automatically but this is under the control of the browser and doesn’t always work. If you don’t see at least “Version 2024-09-13 07:16:26” then reload the page and check that it updates
  • Replaced the left/right power balance chart on the activity power page with a much better contour plot. You can build your own similar plots with no programming needed
  • FIT file record field ‘power’ favoured when there are multiple power fields
  • Added power field to activity fields available on the activity list view
  • Added gear and description to activity CSV
  • Added custom activity fields to activity CSV
  • Added Core’s heat strain index trace (note that this will only work in future, when Core have released new firmware)
  • Added activity week number link to columns for the activity list view (goes to that week on the calendar) and deep linking to calendar and list
  • Fixed a number of internationalisation issues (missed translations etc.)
  • The list activities API endpoint now uses 23:59:59 for time if newest is only a date (was 00:00:00)
  • Fixed bug with pace zones copied from other athletes not working
  • Fixed home menu option sometimes failing on non-inverted calendar when navigating from an activity

157 Likes

Congrats on going full-time! intervals has a bright future considering how much you’ve already done just part-time. :partying_face:

23 Likes

Fantastic news, David! Thank you for creating the best tool for us!

6 Likes

It’s amazing/crazy that you build this while not working full time on it :smiley:

6 Likes

Great news, David. Thanks for all the time you put in to support us coaches and athletes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

On a site with now close to 100.000 active users,
starting as around number 120, and as number 4 on this forum,
I actually expected your first sentence a couple of years ago.
Hope this means the supporters of Intervals.icu can keep it and you and your team afloat.
Your level of patience on this forum and your skills operating intervals.icu sets a high bar.

13 Likes

Hell yeah, so glad to hear that ! Thank you 3000 for the work you put in all of this. :fire:

2 Likes

So amazing @david

2 Likes

Totally agree!

Whaat?! That is fantastic news David! It’s been a long time coming and I’m so excited for you to finally be able to make that jump!

3 Likes

I don’t know what I’d do without this site, you’ve built an amazing product. Thanks for everything you do!

2 Likes

Congratulations David - we’re all very lucky to have you working on Intervals!

1 Like

This is great news, David! Congrats on being able to go full time on it – I can’t believe you weren’t already full time given what you’ve been able to achieve so far. Thanks for continuing to add such great value to the platform, and for your Supporters.

2 Likes

Amazing to hear! Excited for the future :star_struck:

1 Like

Great job David. Best wishes for you and Intervals

1 Like

Great news. Congratulations! This site has much such a difference to my training this year and I really appreciate it

2 Likes

agree with all the comments above, such an amazing site and incredible to imagine how anyone could manage a website like this while also working full time blows my mind… thanks for providing everyone one of the best fitness analysis tools ever, looking forward to seeing the future updates rolling through.

2 Likes

Awesome, congratz!

1 Like

Amazing! Congrats on going full time, I have no doubt it will continue to grow!

1 Like

Chapeau!

1 Like