Import HRV4training data from Dropbox

Hi,

i guess it’s happening again because I have no data
since Jan 1st.

Tks

Not this time :slight_smile: Looks like HRV4training gets a bit confused about the year in December:

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 20.11.10

Note that all those are 2022! Intervals.icu got to 2022_12_31 and sees that the next files are “older” and declines to load them. If you delete the file in Intervals.icu and then select 2022_1_4 it should restart.

1 Like

it worked.
tks as always!

regards,

1 Like

I had that issue too when I wanted to sign up a new account for a family member’s laptop.
In the end, I just copy pasted my own referral link. [Dropbox Referral Link] (Dropbox - You're invited to join Dropbox!) Feel free to use this, both you and I will get an additional 500MB free storage upon successful signup and install.

I came here trying to determine if there was a sort of automated way as well.I guess weekly would be easier.

For all, are you guys using the OrthoStatic or the single test? (i’m using single) and only 1min. Is that adequate since there’s options for 1min to 5min. (I’m using the phone camera, so having to constantly press my finger on the camera gets harder after a min, lying down, eyes closed, easily drifts back to sleep :-p)

Intervals pulls my nocturnal HRV from Polar. What happens to that data if Intervals pulls from HRV4Training via dropbox? Does HRV4T overwrite Polar HRV data? Or is there a way to have both nocturnal and morning HRV data? That would be cool.

Currently there are only two HRV fields (rMSSD and SDNN) and which one wins out of Polar and HRV4Training depends on the timing.

Which one wins out the first to write or the last to write to the rMSSD field?

Last write wins for all fields.

2 Likes

@david my intervals.icu stopped automatically updating the data from HRV4Training this week. I feel it has something to do with file nomenclature perhaps? I have to manually go and select the latest file and then it uploads. Am i doing something wrong?

I am using HRV4Training on an Android phone, and each day’s file overwrites the previous file - that is they always have the same filename - these upload automatically from Dropbox. When I tried HRV4Training on my iPad, it generated a new file each day as you have. I wonder if that is the source of your problem?

The filename in Android is always My_Measurements_Android.csv whereas the iPad app produced dated filenames as you have in your screenshot.

Robert

I don’t have a problem on iOS with the Dropbox upload. I make a habit of deleting older files on a regular basis to keep the file storage in check.

For some reason I have this problem every new month. so I have to delete the connection and then reconnect and all is fine. Not sure why it is but as soon as it goes form say 31-03-2022 to 01-04-2022 then I don’t get the automatic upload

The issue is that HRV4Training isn’t consistent in how it names that file. Sometimes the date part is year-month-day and for other users it is year-day-month. I will try find a solution.

1 Like

I have just deployed a change that might fix this. Please wait a day or so and see if it switches to the latest file. Tx.

3 Likes

Do i have daily manual push the data from HRV4Training app to dropbox?

Yes…

Unless you ask marco to add in automatic

1 Like

Thnx, i have asked them!

2 Likes

Hi @david,

We have already talked about that but at that time somehow I set to get RHR from Garmin but ever then this has been disable but unfortunately I’ve been getting sporadic RHR from somewhere …
The days I don’t have a HRV measurements there shouldn’t have any RHR…

Tks,

When a new activity is loaded Intervals.icu will look at the wellness record on that day for resting HR. If there is non then it will use the resting HR set in /settings. So maybe it’s that?

1 Like

Yes it is.
one doubt: Does 60d Moving AVG account for RHR days with no values?