How do I sync workouts from Wahoo Elemnt?

How do I sync workouts from Wahoo Elemnt?

I do it through Strava. From Elemnt to Strava automatically and from Strava to Intervals automatically.

1 Like

Dropbox for me the best, because Strava don´t export all data, for example L/R balance

4 Likes

If you connect Dropbox and Strava at the same time you will get best of both worlds: actvities will import names from Strava and all data like L/R balance from Dropbox. Must say intervals.icu is very clever in that regard. If you don’t use Strava just stick with Dropbox.

2 Likes

“If you connect Dropbox and Strava at the same time you will get best of both worlds: actvities will import names from Strava and all data like L/R balance from Dropbox.”

This is welcome news to me. Is this behavior documented or mentioned somewhere?

you can find something here, it works great. the downside is that we increase Strava API usage just for the activity title and/or gear… :speak_no_evil:

couple of things:
Gear/Bike: if you sync with Strava you’ll see bike/gear you set in Strava here in your activity, however if you also import fit file from DB this field will be reset in intervals

if you set RPE/Feel after importing an activity from Strava, when a fit file for that activity is found these 2 fields will also be reset in intervals

Another question related to this, if I both import activities from Strava and another source (Dropbox, Garmin Connect):

@Lukasz_Pludowski you wrote that “actvities will import names from Strava and all data like L/R balance from Dropbox.”

If I then delete the connection to Strava, all Strava activities will be deleted as well. Does this also mean that those information is lost? I am wondering because I would like to get an independent place, where everything will be stored. And this is the case, when intervals.icu collects all of them and uploads them to Strava. What this configuration:
Garmin Connect → intervals.icu
Garmin Connect → Strava
Strava → intervals.icu
intervals.icu → Dropbox

The intervals.icu data on Dropbox, will it also be enriched with data that it gets from Strava, i.e. that is not part of the fit files from Garmin Connect (e.g. naming of the rides etc.).

Thanks a lot!

Is the platform having any problems syncing with Strava?
The activities of athletes I monitor using Stravas do not appear

Does this have anything to do with it…

1 Like

See Wahoo headunit support

I have fixed this. These fields are now preserved. Will deploy Friday AM GMT+2.

Yes that data is kept (name, gear etc.) and it is not deleted if you disconnect from Strava.

I had to make some changes to try fit inside Strava rate limits. However your athletes should still be getting their activities from Strava. I had to take out “polling” for free athletes but web hooks (which is how Strava delivers activities normally) are fully supported.

Please mail me (david@intervals.icu) links to athletes with Strava sync issues. Tx.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the help! I have several clients on this platform now and would liked to simplify the process.

Would either the Dropbox or Strava sync allow workouts to be pushed to the Wahoo ELEMNT units?

Nope. That’s for pushing to Intervals.
Check the main site. There’s also a link up in this thread to push TO wahoo

Unfortunately not. I to have creating FIT files for workouts on the todo list and then this might be possible.

it works… until you change the bike on Strava. It will not be updated after dropbox sync. not a big deal but maybe it’s something you want to look at

cheers!

I have sorted that out and will deploy Thurs AM (GMT+2). However Strava doesn’t send a web hook for gear updates so it will only update next time Strava is polled for new activities (next time you visit the app and go to the calendar page or when you click refresh on that page). The 30 most recent are checked for gear changes and so on. Note this will only work for supporters - I had to disable Strava polling for free accounts to fit inside the rate limits.

1 Like

Hi! I have uploaded my rides on ICU from Wahoo ELEMNT by using Dropbox, however, my power (watts) are not exactly matching on the same activity… . Any suggestions/help?

For instance 5s power 970W Wahoo vs. 651W ICU.

I looked at one and Intervals.icu thinks you couldn’t have done that power with your FTP:

Maybe your FTP is set too low? You can click that message to change the threshold for an individual ride or change the default for future rides in /settings:

Hi David, thanks for the support!

My FTP was tested in a lab back in May’21 and believe me, in the meanwhile I haven’t been able to spend much time on the back to improve it… . :sweat_smile:

The eFTP calculation is close to the manually set FTP, this indicates it’s somehow accurate? Or due to normalizing the data to the max. manually set FTP/HR it’s matching?

You need to get rid of the power spikes before you can look at eFTP. So I would just bump up the threshold. If you know your power meter wasn’t acting up anyway.

In my experience eFTP is generally close to where I think I am at. If you short duration power is good you might want to bump up the min duration for an estimate: