Garmin vs strava sync

i have a question regarding sync. Yesterday i did a workout on wahoo systm , which is syncing to strava and garmin. Strava and garmin are set to sync to intervals.icu , but only strava was synced . Shouldnt it be overwritten by the garmin sync ?

Systm by itself should show up as wahoo as well

He does not sync Wahoo with intervals directly, even though that is best option.
He goes Wahoo → Strava → Garmin and gets activity from Strava.

AFAIK Garmin won’t upload activity if it is not genuilny Garmin, I’m my book that is good thing.

Solution is to sync directly from Wahoo and Garmin and avoid Strava sync.
If you need GC to see Wahoo activities leave theurllir connection it won’t make problems for intervals.

2 Likes

Hi , thanks for your replies . I go Wahoo to Strava , and wahoo to garmin. I thought i could have both , the names from strava and the good data from garmin. But the second part explains it . So , when i sync from Wahoo to Garmin it is not synced to Intervals then right ?

Sounds like it. Garmin wont allow 3rd party data over their api. But as garmin won’t sync your wahoo stuff to intervals, just sync wahoo to both intervals and garmin. That way you’re all good. Without strava

You can setup direct sync from Wahoo to Intervals.icu (added a few months ago). If you also sync from Strava Intervals.icu will keep the Strava name and segments.

Thanks. Yes I realized the same now. I think I got confused when i synced some old workouts from Wahoo via the settings and previous strava synced workouts (coming originally from wahoo) got the name from Wahoo.