Garmin connect widget

All working fine now - thank you!

3 Likes

@david had multiple reports from users with ios devices that they are unable to click OK on the permissions authorisation screen.

3 Likes

Can you please show me what is displayed, what should be displayed (the details of the next planned workout), and your device details please?

Android 12 on Xiaomi 11i

Also moved the next workout on today, after sync no change

Forerunner 920XT Pleasee! :pray:

Thanks, I will DM you to test further if that’s OK. I think it may be a language issue - I am guessing that ‘workout’ is called something else for the activity type?

1 Like

In the same boat here.

Will it work on the Forerunner 230? Thats what my wife has. She is on IOS for me to test this. I only have an Edge 130+.

Do you know if all users cannot auth on iOS or only some users?

It’s the case with any of my friends that have tried it. Has anyone successfully authorised with ios?

@david I can’t even temporarily publish it for the 230 unfortunately as it it doesn’t support the sdk version.

I made a short video of my experience: Intervals glance widget - YouTube

2 Likes

Yes. Exactly the same on my iPhone.

I did not succeed authorising on iOS. In the popup neither ok or cancel buttons work. Only logout.

Thanks. Unfortunately I don’t have any control over the display of that page, so either it is a Garmin issue or an intervals.icu issue. Hopefully David can help.

1 Like

Indeed, could be either. Is there a way to display this authorisation page outside of garmin iOS app? On the desktop or directly in safari for iOS?

But it is really only that first time authorization page making problems on iPhone.
As a „workaround“ I used my Samsung Pad/tablet to connect GC with my watch and complete that authorization process - and killed that connection directly after that.
Since then the widget gets all data from my iPhone without issues.

1 Like

Easy installation, looks like a great widget. However on my Fenix 6 Pro I don’t get data, just NULLs…

Hi Michel, thanks, looks like a good case for a debug. I’ll DM you.

Without a fix for the oAuth issue on iOS, could there be a way to use the connectIQ settings page to input an oauth token generated outside of the app? I don’t have an android device I can use to work around the issue

Thanks for your work on this.

No support for Venu SQ?
Thanks.

The Venu SQ does not support Glance widgets unfortunately.