Garmin connect widget

OP update App info and link is now here: Garmin connect widget - #19 by James_Eastwood_Socks

Before I go down this rabbit hole, how much demand would there be for a garmin connect glance/widget showing (initially) your high level intervals.icu data?

I’m thinking: fitness/form/fatigue, eFTP, next session as a starting point.

What key information would you like to see?

46 Likes

That looks cool!

4 Likes

Why isn’t online now :joy::sob:looks very cool

2 Likes

I would enjoy playing with this. I am not sure it is crucial, but certainly would be good. Thank you.
PS I’d pay a few dollars for it.

3 Likes

Personally I’d care more about Ramp and Load for example. Than next session.

But the FIT FAT Form numbers/style on that widget glance look really good. Like that.

3 Likes

I’ve got this working as a glance with fit/fat/form. Form changes colour with the percentage to match intervals. When you click through to the widget details you also get eFTP.

I need to add a bit more to the widget page, and then look at setting up OAUTH so everyone can use it.

It will be free with a ‘buy me a coffee’ option. Hopefully I’ll have it up and running in the next couple of weeks, just need to get a race out of the way first.

6 Likes

I’ll buy you coffee for it!

1 Like

Works well I think for a quick glance in to your current numbers. Please let me know if you think anything crucial is missing.

To-do:

• Set up OAuth so anyone can use it
  • add second screen to widget with ‘next planned activity’
  • Test on more devices (currently only tested on 955)
8 Likes

If you need test on 945 i’m here
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Once I’ve done the OAuth I’ll pop a beta version on here for people to try out on their devices before it goes to the connect iq store.

2 Likes

Offering Garmin Forerunner 55 for check.

Edge 830 and Fénix 5X :wink:

Next activity screen mostly complete.

Aiming for first alpha release for testing by the end of the week to selected devices.

6 Likes

I can test on a Fenix 6 and Forerunner 255 if needed

2 Likes

Looking forward !

I can test on a Garmin Vivoactive 4

Just popping this here as a pre-requisite for the OAuth setup.

intervals_glance_icon Intervals - Glance

Intervals - Glance is currently in ALPHA. As such certain features may not work as expected or be incomplete. Support is currently limited to a small number of devices. If your device supports glance widgets and you would like it included in the ALPHA, please contact the developer.

Intervals - Glance allows users to take a quick look at their key intervals.icu data with Fitness, Fatigue and Form available as a Garmin glance widget. Dive inside the widget to see weekly load, ramp and eFTP values and take a look at the next planned workout.

Privacy Policy

Intervals - Glance does not share any data with any 3rd parties, nor does it store any data externally from the app itself. Data is gathered from intervals.icu as read-only from the publicly available APIs.

Intervals - Glance is developed independently of both Garmin and intervals.icu. The use of Intervals - Glance does not in any way alter the validity of the privacy policies of either Garmin or intervals.icu.

8 Likes

intervals_glance_icon Beta release - Intervals Glance

Intervals - Glance is now available on Garmin Connect for the devices listed below. If you are not able to download it yet, please wait a few days for Garmin to approve it.

Please either post here or use the contact developer button on GC to report bugs or strange behaviour.

Note that this is only really tested on a 955 solar so I am expecting there to be issues whilst it is in beta. Just let me know and I’ll get them fixed!

If your device is not on the list below but you know it supports glance-style widgets, let me know and I will add support. I may try to add support for the old style widgets if there is enough demand.

Overview:

• The glance widget shows you your current Fitness, Form and Fatigue… at a glance!
  • The first time you load it, you will need to have your GC app open. It will automatically take you to intervals.icu to login and approve the connection. Once you have logged in and accepted the permissions, the widget will work!
  • Click the glance to view a more detailed widget with eFTP, load for the current week and ramp for the current week.
  • Click down from this view to see your next workout. This will only show calendar entries that are marked as a workout. It will show the next workout in the calendar from (and including) today, up to 2 weeks in the future.

Known bugs:

• Error after authorisation that can be ignored and won’t be shown again
  • Some smaller screens may not show all workout information
  • Next activity shows the first activity of the day, even if it has been completed

Coffee:
I like coffee. You buy me one here if you like! BuyMeACoffee

Supported devices:

• Enduro™
  • epix™ (Gen 2) epix™ (Gen 2), quatix® 7 – Sapphire Edition
  • Forerunner® 255 Forerunner® 255
  • Forerunner® 255 Music Forerunner® 255 Music
  • Forerunner® 255S Forerunner® 255S
  • Forerunner® 255S Music Forerunner® 255S Music
  • Forerunner® 745 Forerunner® 745
  • Forerunner® 945 Forerunner® 945
  • Forerunner® 945 LTE Forerunner® 945 LTE
  • Forerunner® 955 Forerunner® 955, Forerunner® 955 Solar
  • fēnix® 6 fēnix® 6
  • fēnix® 6 Dual Power fēnix® 6 Dual Power
  • fēnix® 6 Pro fēnix® 6 Pro, fēnix® 6 Sapphire
  • fēnix® 6 Pro Dual Power fēnix® 6 Pro Dual Power
  • fēnix® 6 Pro Solar fēnix® 6 Pro Solar
  • fēnix® 6 Solar fēnix® 6 Solar
  • fēnix® 6S fēnix® 6S
  • fēnix® 6S Dual Power fēnix® 6S Dual Power
  • fēnix® 6S Pro fēnix® 6S Pro, fēnix® 6S Sapphire
  • fēnix® 6S Pro Dual Power fēnix® 6S Pro Dual Power
  • fēnix® 6S Pro Solar fēnix® 6S Pro Solar
  • fēnix® 6S Solar fēnix® 6S Solar
  • fēnix® 6X Pro fēnix® 6X Pro, fēnix® 6X Sapphire, fēnix® 6X Pro Solar, tactix® Delta Sapphire, quatix® 6X Solar, tactix® Delta Solar, tactix® Delta Solar Ballistics
  • fēnix® 7 fēnix® 7, quatix® 7
  • fēnix® 7S fēnix® 7S
  • fēnix® 7X fēnix® 7X, quatix® 7X – Solar Edition
  • Mercedes-Benz Venu® 2 Mercedes-Benz Venu® 2
  • Mercedes-Benz Venu® 2S Mercedes-Benz Venu® 2S
  • quatix® 6 quatix® 6
  • quatix® 6X quatix® 6X, quatix® 6X Solar, quatix® 6X Dual Power
  • tactix® 7 tactix® 7, tactix® 7 – Pro Ballistics Edition, tactix® 7 – Pro Edition
  • Venu® 2 Venu® 2
  • Venu® 2 Plus Venu® 2 Plus
  • Venu® 2S Venu® 2S
7 Likes

I think 745 supports glance-style widgets

Have added support for next release