FTP at age of 40s

What’s your FTP at age of 40+? Did you still progressing?

Hi! My current FTP is 299W (for 92.5kg stable, age 40). I’ve had 325W back in January 2020, but work and life happened, and fall back to 269 by June (Feb+March totally off of training, slow ramp up in April+May). Restarted structured training on trainer and outdoor at the end of July, now sitting on 299. I expect to climb back above 320 by Xmas.

1 Like

I have similar numbers 292 and 71kg, I’m still fighting to go over 300.

1 Like

I am approaching 300w again, 74kg (bit fat, can be 72 if I drink less beer for a while) just turned 50. I know a number of 50+ riders with much better w/kg than me! But they train a lot more …

4 Likes

Managed 304W for an hour (don’t believe the 20min 95% hype :slight_smile: ) last year on Zwift at 45 years old. First season Zwifting (not riding!) but have many many years as an endurance runner under the belt. Haven’t gone again this year but race performance indicates I’m in similar shape. 78kg hopefully getting lighter as I cut out the beer in prep finally for a cross country season again.

1 Like

Turned 44 this year. Managed to get over 300 W for the first time this summer. That was an 312 Watt FTP at 73 kg. Trainer Road low volume Plan plus some endurance rides. I’m happy to see that I’m not the only one having a beer limiter…

3 Likes

40 years old.
305W 72kg

4 Likes

I’m at 280ish at 81kg, 51 years old. I hit 295 about a year ago, at about 77kg. I was riding more, and drinking less beer last summer.
I started running again about this time last year, after not running for about 11 months. I’ve found that 3 days a week of running (4-5 hours) makes it really hard to have the legs for hard rides. I don’t know how the triathletes manage to balance all that they do, and I give them much respect.

1 Like

57yrs in a few weeks; I feel 40 if that makes this more relevant :wink:. I haven’t tested in a while and just have 315 pegged as my sFTP; eFTP (mFTP in WKO) floats around that number depending on my racing or training block. I’ve been bouncing around the same level (±10w) for the past few years but feel that maintaining while getting each year older at this point, is a win.

2 Likes