Feature Request: Mini-Map

There are going to be so many options you can add, delete, turn on, turn off, customise and whatever people find missing or useful, you’re going to run out of space and resources.

On a related note: I’m getting increasingly longer response times on both the regular site and the forum.

4 Likes

+1
True dat

I am going to get a new faster server soon which will improve performance.

5 Likes

from garmin connect ,is that possible?:joy:

Probably. I have the geo data so presumably its not hard to encode that :slight_smile:

Maybe use https://www.cyclosm.org/ for the mini map in each activity

1 Like

Is there any news about the mini maps? I would so much like to seeing them.
Derk

1 Like

Me too - a very useful feature.

1 Like

Would love to see this too, any updates?

1 Like

Add me to the list of map requests. I’d like to see the map as an optional chart on the activity page with the ability to scrub through power or other chart and show a location dot on the map chart.

5 Likes

That would be a neat way to implement it.

2 Likes

Yeah,
I often compare create intervals based on location on a map, so I can see where the climb starts and where it ends. Much easier than on altitude graph

1 Like

I’d like to have a map too. I travel often, and it would be a good way to understand where you’ve been without having to go through Strava.

2 Likes

As an idea without icu having to rely on other platforms.
I am putting to the notes section a snip (from connect) of my ride, so I always can see where I went. I know its a bit of a work but it ist a good workaround.
It would be nice and should not be too difficult to put a small “icon” of this image (or one (the last)) into the Calender view. I know not the best solution but perhaps one wich is ist a good workaround without apis from elsewhere. What do you think?

For me it would be great to get a map on the activity details to identify segments on a route and have a look at the power/hr… values for this period/segment… would be great if you add a feature that i can define my own segments and compare it to activities in the past(in the same area) to get better or know my gaps( strave segments could be a way but not so flexible).

I have been thinking abut various ways to facilitate comparing activities. Right now you have to use multiple browser windows which isn’t great.

As long as there is no solution, i am looking still to make an better workaround. Is there any possipility to put a link somewhere into the notes, tha will open when you click on it, or is it not forseen?

Independent of the segments… keep it simple…could you please put first a map (for example selectable via charts) below the the visible charts on an activity that we can select select a point in the chart and see at which point it was on the map and vice versa.
Regards,
Frank

There is a link; it’s your source file and shows top right, just above the graphs. It shows as:

~ View on Garmin Connect
~ View on Strava

2 Likes

Thanks! With me it said only View on Strava. Did not know that it is Strava OR Connect.