Download and upload wellness CSV

The date must be yyyy-mm-dd

Any zero/blank values must be either zero or blank and not the - used in Excel (accounting format).

The best way to find the format is to manually capture data in Intervals, then export the Wellness csv. Then add the data to that file and import.

Gerald,
I did as you say: created the wellness fields, then exported the CSV, which however appears to me like this, and does not allow me to make changes when inserting the numerical data in each entry.

I don’t have this version of excel. BUt it should be
Data → Text To Columns → Delimited → comma

1 Like

As @app4g has mentioned, the file is CSV, meaning the commas separate each field. In the PC version of Excel, it’s Data, Text to Columns, then select the comma.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help,
thanks to your instructions it seems that I was finally able to switch the CSV file in the right way:

but unfortunately intervals.icu keeps telling me there is a problem with the date, :cry:

It’s not clear but I think you’re trying to upload wellness as an activity. You can’t do that, you need to go to Options Wellness Upload csv.

And this will only work if you already created all Wellness fields as Custom fields. If they don’t exist, Intervals will throw an error.

Here’s an example of one of the Custom Fields I’m using:

The Name is what appears in the UI. The code is the column header, which can’t have spaces and can’t start with a number. The Code is what you have to use in the csv you’re putting together.
Looks like you still have some work todo…

Yes,
I knew that all the custom fields must be created first, which I created, and then I load the CSV into Wellness just as you say.
But it continues to give me an error in the data even though this is correct as seen in the image above.
Maybe in the creation tab I have to insert Text for everyone? now they are all with numeric.

in the tab that appears from wellness, you can see all the custom fields created…

…that all this is because I would like to create a graph relating to
changes in body composition, below the graph form.
but I’m starting to have doubts about succeeding.

My data, when I export the CSV shows “date” and “general” as the formatting for all columns.

Some data, I have to capture manually, eg. AVNN from HRV4Training.
When I type it in, I simply type the value as a number, eg. 1191.32

When I open the file, the date format is wrong, showing dd mm yyyy. Before saving, I will change the format in format cells.

Then I save, and import. No problems.

One custom field, eg. AVNN, in Wellness is setup as numeric, as it’s a decimal value.

Standard fields start with lowercase letter, custom fields with capital.
Set the header for the date column as´date´.
Not ´Date´.

Open your csv with a text editor and post the text as is. I will scan to check if there are other format problems.

To add to this, even if opened in Excel, the headers would be exported as it appears in the Wellness data.

I notice the headers in your ( @Fabriziover ) Excel table, is spaces between the heading words.
See the difference between your csv file in one cell, vs., your Excel file.

Intervals native fields start with lowercase letter. Ex date, weight…
If you send a csv with a column header Weight, Intervals expects a second weight field with code Weight.

From your example Custom Field:

The column header MUST be Bodyfattrunk to be recognized.
While naming a custom field, Intervals automatically creates a compatible code name. That is what should be in the header. For all custom fields, define the type and format as good as possible, because this format will also influence what you can do with the metric in Intervals. Text, for example, will not allow you to do any calculations on that metric. In format you can specify the decimals, percentage,…
Respect all that to make sure that you can use the data as intended.

I tried to customize the date, but this is how it saves it :frowning:

ok MedTechCD,
many thanks.
this is the original file CSV open with notepad:

Date,“Weight (kg)”,BMI,“Body Fat (%)”,“Visc Fat”,“Muscle Mass (kg)”,“Muscle Quality”,“Bone Mass (kg)”,“BMR (kcal)”,“Metab Age”,“Body Water (%)”,“Physique Rating”,“Muscle mass - right arm”,“Muscle mass - left arm”,“Muscle mass - right leg”,“Muscle mass - left leg”,“Muscle mass - trunk”,“Muscle quality - right arm”,“Muscle quality - left arm”,“Muscle quality - right leg”,“Muscle quality - left leg”,“Muscle quality - trunk”,“Body fat (%) - right arm”,“Body fat (%) - left arm”,“Body fat (%) - right leg”,“Body fat (%) - left leg”,“Body fat (%) - trunk”,“Heart rate”
“2023-10-15 20:36:09”,81.25,24.00,13.90,7.00,66.50,63.00,3.50,2001.00,36.00,65.30,5.00,3.75,3.95,11.45,11.30,36.05,75.00,72.00,59.00,59.00,-,12.10,10.20,8.70,6.50,18.00,85.00

now I correct all the fields of the tabs with lowercase letters

It works for me:

Step 3/3 is to skip importing the time

Change date format:

Please share this file with me… athlete_i148553_wellness (9).csv
I will edit and resend to you.

You can send by email - I will share in a direct message.

Gerald.
Thank you so much for your kindness and time.
I’ll try to send it to you now. :pray:

I sent you the email

I resent to you a CSV file you can try to import.

I sent you a file with only one line of data, to test the import.

Try to send me the file with lots of data, in this format.
Look in your downloads folder for the file you opened, it will end with .csv (9).

ok Gerald, I sent you the file (9).