Download and upload wellness CSV

You can now download all of your wellness data in a CSV and upload the same. Click “Options → Wellness” on the calendar page:

This is also supported by the API.

GET /v1/athlete/{id}/wellness.csv
Optional query params oldest (yyyy-mm-dd), newest (yyyy-mm-dd), cols (comma list of cols to download).

POST /v1/athlete/{id}/wellness
Accepts multipart/form-data with file param supplying CSV text.

8 Likes

Hi, I exported hrv4training data as a csv. The dates were in YYYY-DD-MM format and the HR, rmssd and sdnn were in floating point, After reformatting the dates into YYYY-MM-DD, and rounding the others, the import into intervals wellness was fine. tx.

1 Like

Tx for giving it a try. The hrv and hrvSDNN fields should accept floating point. The UI rounds them but the data is stored with decimals.

So my sleep data and resting HR now gets automatically uploaded on the calendar however all other data such as so02, body battery, health snapshot etc from Venu2 does not even though I’ve checked off all the wellness fields.

Intervals.icu doesn’t have support for “body battery” or “health snapshot”. It does have “spO2” so that should pull through.

It took me quite a bit of fiddling to sort out my hrv4training csv file such that it could be imported into intervals. The main problem was the date field, which presented entries in blocks of two formats, one of which didn’t seem to represent a date when imported into a spreadsheet. A bit of manual tinkering sorted that out. It has made me worry about how Golden Cheetah parses those data (I haven’t noticed a problem).

What would be the simplest route for importing these data automatically?

Can you please mail me (david@intervals.icu) one of those files. I might be able to adjust the date parsing to accept more formats.

I sorted the import out in the end. I think Numbers opens the csv file in a more sensible way than Excel. I’ll email over the csv file. Maybe you can advise on auto import…

Intervals is great work BTW. I’m still learning my way around it, and I’m hoping to consolidate data from a range of platforms.

2 Likes

I gave this a shot today for importing my weight and it seemed to work, except the weight it shows on the Calendar is more than double the value I had in the file. I imported “209lbs” and it shows up at “461lbs”. I downloaded the Intervals CSV and it comes back as 209lbs. Can’t quite figure out what is being done to make my weight so high! Any ideas?

Nevermind, figured it out. Looks like the weights need to be in KG in the CSV…duh!

2 Likes

@david,
Is there a reason why the nomenclature for activities & wellness CSV files is different? The wellness CSV leads with “athlete_”.

Hmm. I should probably drop the athlete_ prefix. I wander if that will break anyones stuff? Probably :frowning:

Hi David,

Please, I wanted to ask you:
If from a Tanita segmental body composition scale, which analyzes twelve body data, I were to then upload the CSV file extracted into the Wellness section of Intervals.icu, will the system automatically recognize and report the twelve data in the appropriate section? I could create a specific graph to monitor its progress over time thanks to the graphical representation, as already happens for fitness etc.

Can you tell me if this is correct?
Thanks

You need to add custom wellness fields for the data points you want to track. Then you will be able to upload a CSV with those fields (use the field code’s in the CSV header row) and plot them over time etc…

This CVS populates the custom field respiration rate (code “RespirationRate”):

date,RespirationRate
2023-09-18,20
2023-09-17,10
1 Like

Hi, David,

Thanks very much for your help.
I have already created the personalized fields in the wellness area.
Now I need to better understand the structure of the CSV file with the data inside it, so that once loaded the fields are filled automatically.

if you don’t mind could you send me a CSV file with more different data?
Maybe this way I can understand whether or not I need to modify the structure of the file extracted from the scale app.

Forgive the hassle, but for me it would be important to also have a tracking of my body data, like what happens with the Forma graph.

Thanks again

as you can see from the screenshots, I created the various fields and tabs. I think I have to understand well whether the original structure created by the Tanita scale app of the CSV file is fine, or I have to modify it as you tell me, each time, to develop the graph over time with the repetition of the weighings.

If you download the CSV and open it in Excel or Google Sheets you can see all the columns you need to fill in. You can delete the ones you don’t want to upload:

Thanks David,

I now have a clearer understanding of how the CSV file must be structured to be imported into the appropriate fields.
Now I just need to correct and create the fields in the wellness section of Intervals.icu to allow the right synchronization.

The Tanita scale… does it sync with Apple Health?

hi,
yes.
the Tanita app connects with apple health.