Custom charts on the activity timeline chart

Maybe I’m missing something but how can we create “custom” charts, in my case I’d like to create a vam / hr ratio sort of thing. I don’t see the paste button where the json is supposed to go also.

On the activity page you can add VAM as a chart, but it has to follow the present x-axis which is time.
On the fitness page and compare page, VAM isn’t available as a parameter to chart.
Don’t think what you ask can be done at this moment.

Understood, thank you ! I thought it was possible to plot that but I didn’t knew where to look at.

It is probably not useful for a lot of people but it would be nice to have for mountain runners / skiers as vam is a good proxy for effort level.

@david, is it possible that custom activity charts for running activities are broken at the moment?

I have created a chart - first it worked but now it does not show properly any more (pace trace missing). Clicking the chart title does not bring up the edit dialogue, so I cannot even edit or delete.

See screenhots - I have made several tries…

Activity: Intervals.icu

I have done more experimenting and I am seeing all kinds of weird behaviour, so have turned this into a bug report here: Custom charts bug (running activities)

I think this is fixed now. I definitely fixed the issue on the other thread so hopefully it is the same. Tx for all the detailed info there.

Thanks, it is fixed. Glad to be able to help you help me :slight_smile:

Asking again in case something has changed, would it be possible to create a custom VAM/HR chart while keeping time as x-axis ?