Custom charts on the activity timeline chart

I think I know what the problem is here. Intervals.icu clips the pace data to get rid of really slow pace (compared to avg for the activity) so this will cause the average to be higher. I need to find another way to do this e.g. keep data as is but clip on chart or something.

@Kosio_Varbenov Good idea, tx. I have added “Work Int Avg”

Wow, that was quick! Thanks!
Also a +1 for me on custom expressions/metrics, I think it will unlock the inner data analyst in many people :grinning:

Eccellente David

1 Like

One “hack” I discovered: you can show just a value you are interested in (which you don"t need plotted) by selecting it as a chart and setting the line and area to 0. For example, here I display the gradient of the hill an interval was on (work interval avg); it would hardly make sense to display a straight line, but the value is still useful. See example below:
chart

Also @david for all intervals where only work interval average are displayed, if “legend” is enabled, it shows 0 for all the recovery intervals (and is not hidden). Maybe that would be a cleaner default behaviour.

1 Like

The standard “Training Load per day” chart has both top values for the day in focus and values on the right for the current (most recent) day. However, custom charts only allow Top, Right, or Inline.

1. Is there a way to have the same functionality as the standard Training Load chart?
  2. When choosing Right or Inline, the lables overlap the axis label. Is this a bug?

Cheers.

I am not quite sure what to do about the axis label problem, there just isn’t space. You can click the “Edit Axis” button and make the right hand label a single space to get rid of it.

You can build a training load chart using “Load” and “Fitness average” but it won’t look the same and unfortunately you can’t get the “today” numbers. Before Intervals.icu had custom charts the PMC and form charts were it so they have custom code.

Editing the axis works for me.
To be clear, I didn’t want both the auto label and end lables, just the latter.

When you say “single space”, what values are you referring to for Min/Max? I’ve played with it and I’m not clear on what you mean. Tnx!

It’s not accepting an empty field, simply type one space and that will make it look “empty”

2 Likes

Yes “empty” means “auto / use default” which is why you have to put in a space.

I have chart set up like Howie, but … How do I get values to show up? I just added the chart and rMSSD and SDNN, but no values and I have at least a week of values. I see the chart, but no values. What am I missing here? Where is the magic?

Can you post a screenshot of your custom chart settings?
Do you see the HRV values in the Activity Calendar in the Wellness section?

where is this Wellness section? HOw do I get there? Maybe that’s my problem. BTW, I just ran across intervals.icu yesterday on my day off work. It looks great. As I explain in another question: looks like need an Activity Type of HRV to get this to work? I just see HRV integrated into Fitness on calendar … I’m at a break point in training … maybe big training later today - the rain and electric power blackout crisis have ended … here’s what it looks like. I’m exploring HRV and intervals.icu. I have Garmin and Training Peaks. May drop Training Peaks when renewal comes as intervals.icu looks good and does what I want, maybe?

When click on HRV Activity this is what I see … similar to what Training Peaks shows

Also, I did just get Garmin to send all Wellness data and loaded into intervals.icu. where is it?

Wellness data is shown within the red circle in the image below. You can click on those areas for each day to see (and chose) your desired wellness data. There’s no HRV data being shown but maybe you need to chose those fields.

Highly recommended to drop TP. Intervals.icu is less expensive and offers much more. :+1: …Plus, there’s an active forum for help. :hugs:

Thanks for pointing out Wellness to me. :grinning: Now I see it. I clicked on wellness data and see a popup box, but no HRV data available.

This is why there is none in the Fitness chart I added. This added chart does show other variables that have data when I add them so …

How do I recover the HRV data from the HRV FIT files that are arriving from Garmin or are they sending this data. The data is from the “HRV Analysis” add on image
which is free, or “beer money.” HRV Analysis App – McTernan I’ll ask the creator of “HRV Analysis” if the data is sent from Garmin unless someone can figure out how to retrieve it?

I’ll pay some for “HRV Analysis” and for intervals.icu if I get them working the way I want, eh? I do agree that intervals.icu is as good as Training Peaks if not better for someone like myself who is just their own trainer, keeping track of fitness, and learning how to improve it with the help of Zwift and other hints on the internet - definitely, not a future star, but keeping fit and keeping the pear belly away, eh? I’ve had Training Peaks for a few years, since before intervals.icu was popular or well known at all. Training Peaks has helped me keep the over-training in line - knowing when to back off! Zwift and Training Peaks are currently helping me learn how to Run again as well as Bicycle which I like as I live in this cold place that is nice to jog around in the winter … and summer … and all the time. :grinning:

Does that app mean you have to record an activity? And then it gets uploaded to Intervals?

If that is the case, it won’t parse the HRV data from the activity to the Wellness data fields.

To get HRV data in the wellness fields you need to either manually add it or use an app which has a direct integration (the settings page will show you which ones currently do)

I used to have to manually add the HRV values when I used an IQ App on my Garmin watch to record HRV. I now have to still add then manually as I use EliteHRV which does not have an integration.

In the wellness capture dialog you can click “Fields” to choose which fields you want to capture. On the calendar itself do Options → Wellness and then choose which fields to display on the calendar. You can also download a CSV of all your wellness data, make bulk edits and upload.

1 Like

When I create a custom chart for activity data, I can’t edit or delete it later. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, but I can’t find the option to do it.

Make sure the chart is visible, click on its title on the left of the chart and then remove it with the trash bin icon.
I did notice that for some trace(s), there is a problem. Distance for example, doesn’t show a title and you can’t click on anything to pop up the edit dialog. Untill you make a selection and then the distance is indicated at the place of the chart title. Click on that to pop-up the edit dialog.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you both for the reply, it was just what I was looking for.

2 Likes