Coros support added

Intervals.icu can now download completed activities, wellness data (sleep, resting HR) and upload planned workouts to Coros. Look for the Coros box in /settings:

If you enable uploading of planned workouts the next week of workouts are uploaded. You may need to add the “Intervals.icu Training Plan” to your calendar in the Coros app.

There is more info on this thread:

11 Likes

Does intervals.icu do anything with sleep and resting HR data? If so, what are the uses? Thanks!

Wooohooo! This. Is. AWESOME!

Thank you so much!

Both go to the Wellness fields Sleep and restingHR in Intervals. You can chart them and follow up.
BUT Coros announced a firmware and phone app update coming on May 5th where restingHR is no longer automatically recorded. You will need to take a daily measurement manually. (about half way this page)

I’m considering this a good thing because to be meaningful, restingHR must be measured daily in the same circumstances. Gold standard is first thing in the morning when waking up. Used to be when still laying down, but new insights show that sitting is preferred.
Since I never understood how Coros did the automatic restingHR measurement, I wasn’t using it and took my morning result from Kubios app.

1 Like

Coros has a unique metric, the personalized “Effort Pace” for runners. It would be nice to see that on a graph in Intervals. Is it possible to get the data from Coros to display it?

Be careful.

I notice that downloading the Coros data includes durations of light sleep, deep sleep, REM, and awake.

For example:

• Awake: 0h39
  • REM: 1h38
  • Light sleep: 5h01
  • Deep sleep: 3h15

Total sleep (intervals.icu): 10h33 (0h39 + 1h38 + 5h01 + 3h15 or 37,980 seconds)
Total sleep (COROS): 9h54 (1h38 + 5h01 + 3h15)

The “sleepSecs” field also collects awake time, which slightly skews the sleep time. COROS subtracts this time to display the actual sleep time.

Can you point me at an activity on Intervals.icu that might have that data? If it is in the fit file I might be able to add it.

1 Like

Same pointed out here:

It’s viewable with FitFileViewer as Effort Pace in m/s

My run from April 2 has this data in the original FIT from Coros. But the activity logged in Intervals is a GOTOES merge from the Coros FIT and Garmin FIT to add dfa-a1 and resp-rate. Pretty sure the effort pace field is no longer present in there.
Gotoes is not recognizing it as a dev field.

This is what I get back from Coros for sleep etc.:

"data": {
        "dailyList": [
            {
                "calorie": 426281,
                "happenDay": 20230401,
                "rhr": 54,
                "sleepEndTime": "2023-04-01 07:15:00",
                "sleepStartTime": "2023-03-31 22:34:00",
                "step": 10639
            },

So unfortunately no awake time or other details. I will follow up with them to find out if there is any other way to get that.

2 Likes

I there any way we can acces the “step” and “calorie” values to populate a custom data field? From the docs, there’s also —hr - mean heart rate but it’s not clear if this is 24hr mean HR or Sleeping avg HR.
If it is 24hr, I would also like to get that.
Latest API doc was posted on their website support page

What is the “calorie” value? The docs aren’t very clear on the others either. I will likely add at least steps as a “standard” field in Intervals.icu.

I suppose it is the ´Active Energy´ value that is part of the daily data.
In other words, the calories burned by activity minutes during the 24hrs. Not only during recorded activities.
In Coros, you can set a target value and track it.

I’ve been tracking Steps, ActiveEnergy, DayAvgHR and Avg Sleeping HR for several months in a semi-automated way to Intervals. If you need a csv export of those to compare with results of the Coros API response, I can make one.

Wondering if coros has an actual website like Garmin or is everything still based on the coros phone app?

I see that they have an API, so am already wondering if can somehow upload completed workouts there as well (and of course if anyone is interested in having these upload)

Coros is focussed on running and they are ‘different’…
What is absolutely strange is that you can’t see any of the Wellness data on the desktop app

1 Like

U said it’s a desktop app? Didn’t really see anything one can download from Coros or is it available like in windows store or something?

Garmin is getting really pricey, and coros May just be fitting. Sadness tho about the onky supporting Bluetooth (esp since all
My blutooths can only connect to 1 “server”)

it’s more a web page/app called Coros Training Hub and Evolab.
But you can only acces it with a QR-code generated on their hardware.
There’s a review on the 5krunner website:

I have a Pace2 and I’m absolutely happy with the hardware. Works rock solid, never crashed. Coros is also very good at adding functionality through firmware updates. Since about 20 months that I own the watch, there’s an update every 2-3 months.
Now that Intervals can pickup activities automatically through the API, the user experience matches Garmin Connect.
What’s your ‘issue’ with BLE? Coros supports all acc with BLE and ANT+. From the watch, you can also rebroadcast an ANT+ HR signal in BLE.
Can’t see any shortcomings here regarding BLE limitations???

No wonder I can’t find a “signup” link.

W regards to BLE, the issue, unlike the H10 which has BLE signals and can be connected to both phone + Watch etc, all my other items are single BLE signal.

If I’m not mistaken, I tot the vertix doesn’t support ANT+?

According the specs on the Coros website the Vertix does support ANT+
Vertix 2 on the other hand doesn’t. That’s really strange so If you’re in for one of those, I would make sure to ask specifically if ANT+ is supported or not…

Yes. The vertix 2. Or their latest one.
That’s the Fenix line.

Most COROS watches support pairing with ANT+ and Bluetooth accessories from major brands. COROS APEX 2/APEX 2 Pro/VERTIX 2 only supports Bluetooth accessories. Supported accessory types are listed below.