BreakAway: Indoor Training App Now with Intervals.icu Calendar integration (Workout Of The Day)

I’ve been using the app for a few days, and I can say from my point of view that I can’t do without it anymore. I find it really an exceptional work and always in continuous improvement. Effective, simple and that goes far beyond other even more expensive apps.
Also “App4g” with whom I have already exchanged emails for help with a problem, and he has always been extremely helpful and kind! Truly unprecedented. Congratulations again!
and its integration with Intervals.icu is truly amazing :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

3 Likes

Looks better after the update, although it still incremented the number of workouts by 7200:

1 Like

Good and thx for the report… will take a look.

Edit: Think I fixed it… the variables got mixed up… was adding the workout time to the # of workout.

Tx again for the report.

My last few workouts it looks like the app crashes immediately at the end of the workout. Seems like the workouts don’t sync when that happens, but I figured out how to manually sync them which works great :+1:

The workouts autosave every 60s, so you will lose the last 60s when that happens. Not ideal. Apologies for that.

Did you enable Apple Health? I found (and possibly fixed) this as app was writing workout to Apple Health, but there is no distance (I believe this happens when user did not enable Virtual GPS). Can you confirm that?

Current workaround -

1. Turn off writing to apple health (Settings → Prvacy → Apple health → BreakAway → Turn off writing for Cycling Distance)
  2. Turn ON Virtual GPS.

what about audio cues? Did you enable that? I added a “finish workout” audio message and I recently saw some crash but only on ios 17 users.

Apple Health is not connected.

I don’t have audio cues enabled, but I do still hear a ticking sound in the last few seconds of each interval.

I’m on IOS 16

The ticking sound is enabled by default i think. Audio cues are those that will “speak” the words. (All these are un-selected correct?)

Other than these, I did not see any other logs from Apple on crashes. When you say, immediately crashed on end of workout, is it the very last second. (0:00:01 → 0:00:00 then crash as the app tries to save the workout and do cleanup?)

Presume this is on latest app store version? The workouts are the same or different each time? Which iPhone and what exact ios version? I’ll see your crash got sent to Apple.

can you also check SEttings → General → Privacy & Security → Analytics & Improvement → “Share iPhone Analytics” + Share with App Developer is enabled

All the audio cues were disabled.

I think it has been the same workout each time but not 100% sure because I’m not sure when the crash started happening.

iPhone SE (2nd gen)
IOS 16.6.1

I didn’t have the analytics enabled but I’ll do another ride today with it enabled and pay attention to the exact timing. My impression is that it exits as soon as the time hits 0:00:00. The ride appears in the history and all the data appears to be there (not missing 60s). I just have to manually sync it.

Btw, I’m not complaining. Love this app and just want to help improve it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 6.49.33 AM

I do see this in the Apple provided logs. Not sure if it’s you but this crash I’ve fixed in the newer release and it’s got to do w/ the writing of workout data into Apple Health.

Can you verify Apple Health?
(Settings → Prvacy → Apple health → BreakAway → ???)

How do I verify which version of the app I have?

Just ran another workout. Timer hits 0:00:00, an ad comes up for a fraction of a second and then the app exits.

App Store. If it doesn’t ask you to update. Then you’re on the latest “official” version.

SETTINGS → Privacy → Health → BreakAway
This is what it will show if Apple Health is Turned On. in app.

Apple Health in BreakAway - Connected Accounts → Connect WIth Apple Health

Latest version then.

Apple Health Sync is disabled.

Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 10.52.00 AM

Nothing is enabled here?
Are you enabling VirtualGPS?

I just tested on mine and if Virtual GPS is disabled, and there is no Distance, the app when it tries to write to Apple Health, it will crash. (just fixed)

But you mentioned you didn’t enable Apple Health. so that’s a bit weird.
Anyways, I’m pushing a fix to BETA.

I posted the screenshot from Privacy->Health settings. The only option given is Heart Rate and it’s disabled.

1 Like

Tx… I think I’ve found the issue. It was ignoring this setting + I think you have VirtualGPS disabled? (No Distance?)

1 Like

Virtual GPS is disabled

In the interim, you could enable VirtualGPS and it will auto-upload, else it will crash and you can do a manual upload.

I’ve uploaded a new BETA which would fix this. Will push it to release soon.

Apple just approved the new version with this fix. Sorry for the troubles.
Tx

Thanks for the updates. Everything has been working great for me but I just had a weird experience. Yesterday I finished my workout and the app asked me to purchase more medals. I selected ‘No’ but today I received a receipt for a charge from the app. I confirmed that my credit card was charged and I did not receive any medals in the app (currently have 150).

I’m not sure if this is a problem with Apple or the app. I don’t see how I could have been charged if I didn’t authorize the purchase.