Best way to figure out TTE @ FTP using the fitness tab?

How to get the most out of the fitness tab. Looking at previous workouts and your progression going forward.

Just bumping this thread as there was no response - would it be possible to estimate and show your TTE on the PDC in /power of intervals.icu?

I did a simple check between my estimated TTE in WKO5 (48:22) and the point where my PDC drops off in intervals.icu (~49m), so they are very close! Perhaps it could be added it under the Best Efforts table on the right hand side of the PDC?

1 Like

So this would just be how long you can sustain your eFTP for? Thats easy enough to do. Of course that assumes you actually try do that every now and then.

1 Like

Yep, perhaps it could be eTTE to correlate?

1 Like

Just went to my PDC and if by magic…

@david thank you - so quick to implement!

I just need to now figure out how to get a MAP and TMAP reading…

1 Like

:slight_smile: I pushed the change and then had supper. Was about to make screenshots but you beat me to it! Tx.

For MAP you need to have a very complete power curve like in the paper.

1 Like

I think it’s time for professional fitness tests. Something like this all seems inconsistent and suspicious to me.

If your eFTP is from a shorter effort (e.g. 12m like me) and you don’t try ride at your eFTP for as long as you can then the TTE isn’t going to be useful or valid.

@david One thing that might be useful to add to the site would be a Critical Power Calculator which allows users to calculate:
1 - Time to Exhaustion for a given power output. This would be simple for Power “P”: TTE=W’ (J) / (P-Cp)
2 - Power Output for a given Time to Exhaustion. This would be a given TTE: P=W’(J)/TTE + CP
TTE is always in second, P and CP are in Watts, and W’ is in Joules.

I think this is a fun way to calculate what power I have to hold for a given Strava segment time (and I will be exhausted at the end)

7 Likes

Just picking this thread back up.

Can I request that the TTE data field is made available for plotting on a custom chart in the /Fitness page please?

This would help with a W’/FTP/eFTP/Fractional Utilisation/TTE chart I would like to produce :smiley:

2 Likes

This would be great!

2 Likes

These are great ideas. I am bit swamped at the moment just fixing bugs and keeping up with the forum posts. When I have all of that a bit more under control I will get back on to implementing more cool things.

2 Likes

Thanks @david - if it makes it on the (always ever growing) todo list that’s great :smiley:

@david TTE not showing for me on my power tab

Hmm. Can you please post a screenshot. I just had a look at your power tab and TTE was there.

Yes sorry david i found it later.still getting used to all this

1 Like

Hi @david and others… came across this thread when looking for a way to track TTE progression as at 21mins its something I want to look to improve. Cannot currently see TTE as a selection in custom charts tab so assuming this suggestion never made it, is it something that can be looked at again please?

There is TTE on the /power page on the right hand side. That tracks how long you have managed to ride at your FTP for.

1 Like

This is great, but as above posts it would be fantastic to be able to plot this on the /fitness graphs so you can trend over time :slight_smile:

2 Likes