Capture and show VO2max

Hi,

im new to intercals.icu (and very excited, very nice tool!).
I’m using Strava as base of my trainig data. In addition i’m using my polar watch for “wellness” data.

With my watch i can do a “fitness test” wich measures/estimates my VO2max. Can i capture this value in intervals.icu in a way, to use it in a custom chart?

Thanks and best regards
Daniel

1 Like

Tx. I have added a “VO2 Max” wellness field. Note that this isn’t deployed yet, will do that on Monday AM (GMT+2).

Click “Fields”:

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 13.29.30

It is also available as a fitness plot.

5 Likes

This is great thanks David!!

This is another part in the missing few things I raised in another thread ref being able to plot the TTE metric and also some way of either manually capturing Fractional Utilisation or having it calculated and available to plot (5 Min Power / FTP)

Wow, great news and awsome fast! Thanks a lot!

1 Like

@david, I see the VO2max info shown on the “Power” page now, which is great. I hoped to add this on the “Fitness” page in the chart. When I add “VO2Max” plot to a chart, it is empty. I am guessing this is because it’s looking for actual VO2 data input (which I don’t have) vs the new one you are calculating?

Is it possible to get a plot option for the one you are generating and showing on the “Power” page, so we can chart that too?

Yes the fitness page plots the captured value from wellness. I am going to be adding the calculated value and best power for x time traces soon.

5 Likes

SWEET!!! Thanks for the info and always growing the app. I’m constantly amazed at the work you do and the progress we see. :+1:

3 Likes

Excellent news! Please include TTE also :smiley:

1 Like

Hi David, this is still not implemented yet, is it?
I tried to build a chart but it didn’t work / I couldn’t find the estimated VO2max

Yes it did get done. You need a Garmin watch (not sure which ones work) or you can manually capture daily VO2 max.

I mean the calculated value, not the wellness value.

1 Like

Aha. I just added that:

2 Likes

Great!! Thank you.
Is it possible to add it to the “compare” page as well?

Not just yet. It is derived from best 5 minute power and I haven’t implemented support for that on the compare page yet. When I implement that then this one will work as well.