Automatic update of hrv data

I use garmin iq for hrv testing, hrv data is saved in the fit file, is it possible to automatically extract hrv data to intervals health data for such activities?

Unfortunately the intervals failed to parse the hrv data in the fit

It would be nice to be able to graph hrv data similar to hrv4traing

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/1214076f-6114-4c9e-9e11-d66ad078cfe2、

It’s not an answer to transferring your HRV data automatically but for graphing the data in a similar way as HRV4Training, check ou this:
https://forum.intervals.icu/t/hrv-guided-training/3436/39?u=medtechcd

Some posts lower you will find how to add that to you fitness page.

I have an outstanding todo list item to allow import of arbitrary fields from records in .fit files that will help a bit with this. Intervals.icu does store the beat to beat HRV data. You can see that if you download “Streams CSV” on the activity data page.

1 Like

I would be interested in this too. When I look at the recorded .fit file the data is stored in the file and maybe it wouldn’t be to hard to import it in intvals.icu?

This is the recorded .fit file from Garmin Connect: Intervals.icu

I similarly have the HRV FIT files from Garmin in the list of Activities that I can see on the Activities calendar page. I need to figure out how to get HRV data to show up in plots on Fitness page where it implies one can add plots for HRV rMSSD and HRV SDNN … so, I did this and I see a chart below the standard Fitness chart, but there’s absolutely no data. I just started looking at HRV, but there are HRV FIT Activities listed on Activities page for each day of last week. Is there a way to change the downloaded HRV FIT files to be Wellness files, perhaps? An extension of all this would be nice to be able to see all the other HRV FIT data that Garmin records from the “HRV Analysis” add on. Other discussion indicates use of Google FIT files for Wellness data. How to get Garmin FIT files to work is the problem??? Google Fit integration - #58 by lvdheijden
Now, pondering this some more. Looks like need an Activity Type for “HRV” that comes from Garmin in a HRV FIT file. Right now, the HRV FIT file is listed on intervals.icu Activities page. Now, if there was an Activity Type for HRV FIT files that loaded Garmin’s HRV variables, it looks to me that these could then be displayed on the Fitness plots ???

1 Like

The HRV data displayed on fitness plots is from the wellness records i.e. one entry per day. It is meant for morning HRV measurements not HRV derived from activity files.

Intervals.icu does store the beat to beat timing info from fit files but doesn’t currently do anything with it. I hope to integrate Fatmaxer analysis at some point. You can download this data in CSV format on the activity data page (the page listing all the intervals on a table).

3 Likes

If you integrate it someday, let me know and we will do the validation tests. I have a python code for the calculation of everything, if you need it just ask me, this code is not in github.

1 Like

I have excaclty the same Problem like @Pat2b

I measure the HRV with the Garmin App “HRV Analysis”. This can store the HRV Data in a Fitfile, which is uploaded to Garmin and Strava.
The Fitfile includes one Session Row, that has all the Data needed for the wellness record. So it would be nice, if this Data can be used for the Wellnessdata for the Day.

If you need an example File, let me know.

Regards
Ole

1 Like

Just an idea: can you export that session as a TCX?
Could be fairly easy to parse to a csv with same format as the HRV4Training csv that is imported by Intervals via dropbox.

yes, i can export it via strava as tcx.
But how to parse it to csv in HRV4format?
Problem is also, how to do it automaticly, because if i have to do it manualy i can also set only the values in the wellness-datasheet.

It definitely won’t work downloading the workout via Strava as they don’t pass on the raw file. It might be possible to get something working via Garmin Connect. Anyway please mail one of those to david@intervals.icu and I will have a look.

I implemented support for these files. If you upload one (manually or via Garmin Connect) then HRV, HRV SDNN and resting HR for the day are updated.

5 Likes

Works perfect! Big Thanks for this Feature!

1 Like