Google Fit integration

Thanks David, you’re a star!

I have added only recently google fit sync. Initially it worked perfectly. However since 10th of Jan it doesnt sync anymore. I have disconnected and connected the app syncronisation twice but didnt solve the issue. I am the only one or has something changed?

Google only seems to be returning data until the 10th of Jan. There aren’t any errors. Is it possible for you to verify that the sleep data is in Google Fit somehow?

Yes sleep data for every day after 10th of january is in google fit. Same with heart rate and weight.

Looks like your data is coming in now. Did you change anything or did it suddenly start working?

No didnt change anything, but indeed the data is coming in. Great. Thanks for looking along

1 Like

Is there some way to use similar methods to those used here to use HRV FIT files from Garmin that are part of Wellness data, eh? The HRV FIT files do show up as Activities. The problem is to get them to have data on Fitness page.

Sorry to re-open this topic if I have a commonly answered question, but following directives above didn’t seem to resolve it. I would like to import historical data from Google Fit. Initial connection only brought in about a week’s worth. Disconnecting and reconnecting didn’t fix this. Is there a process for importing historical data from Google Fit? - Thanks! Really loving this platform so far.

Tx! If you disconnect and re-connect like you did, Intervals.icu goes back to 2015 if possible. In your case I can see it tried to get sleep from 2019 onwards but didn’t get anything. Can’t see why not.

If you can get the data into a spreadsheet somehow you can use the wellness CSV download/upload to get it into Intervals.icu. On the calendar page do Options → Wellness → Dowload CSV / Upload CSV.

1 Like

Hi,
I greatly appreciate the hard work and dedication you put in.
My data sleep from googleFit was partially synchronized.
It is because there is a lot of data sleep in Google Fit?
Thank you!

It should have got your old sleep history. You can try disconnect and reconnect Google Fit. That will trigger a fetch going back to 2015-01-01.

@david , i’m seeing some inconsistence between the resting hr data in google fit and the one imported in intervals. Normally lower at intervals (eg, today 49 google fit from fitbit, 44 in intervals). Is there any known bug there?
If you need more details, please, let me know.

Hmm. I had a look in the logs and Google is giving me 44 both from the aggregate HR data and the sleep data. So I am not sure whats up?

2023-02-20 20:01:35.038 Athlete i33604 2023-02-20 restingHR=44
2023-02-20 20:01:35.196 athlete i33604 sleep session[7] Fitbit Sleep 2023-02-19 21:22 to 2023-02-20 04:31 7:08
2023-02-20 20:01:37.854 analyzeSleepSession athlete i33604 Fitbit Sleep 2023-02-19 21:22 to 2023-02-20 04:31 7:08
2023-02-20 20:01:38.225 athlete i33604 sleepInfo[7] 2023-02-20 6:51 not sleeping 0:17 avgSleepingHR 57.12646370023419 restingHR 44

David, sorry for my late response. I cannot access intervals.icu through my work laptop (i tried to skip the company firewall in all the possible ways, but it does not work) and i don’t enter to the forums as often as I would like.

It will be google fit - fitbit integration fault, then. Thanks for checking!

Hi @david!

Any chance you can add steps? Some walking pads (like Xiaomi ones) sync steps to Google fit. Garmin/Coros/Suunto watches do not pickup steps well when walking on the pad. So my last hope is to get this data on Intervals :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Intervals.icu doesn’t get steps automatically from anywhere currently. You can add a custom wellness field for steps and manually fill it in. Click “Fields” on the wellness input dialog and search for steps. I do plan to add steps in future.

Thanks, @david. I knew about manually entering step data in a custom field. But that defeats the purpose of automation :slight_smile: I’ll patiently wait, no worries!

Thanks for your great work

If you can write a script to get the Step nr from the source in any which way, you can send it through the API.

1 Like

Thanks for adding this integration. I just enabled it to bring my Apple Health data to the app and it worked perfectly. Would it be possible to also add support for syncing HRV data?

If you’re an Apple user. Im curious why Google fit?